Important to do the Preflight

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
cessnaman
Airman First Class

Important to do the Preflight

Post by cessnaman »

I just love this sim. The other day I needed some work done on the airplane and after maintenance was done with it. I was doing my preflight and noticed that they left tape on the static port. Never had this happen before when the plane was in for maintenance, so it does goes to show that it is very important to do that preflight.
Keep the realism coming guys. Looking forward to the fuses, I did notice when the mouse is over them i get the hand as if I can click on them, but nothing happens, so at least I hope this may be a feature soon.

Thanks,
Gabe

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Important to do the Preflight

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I had a rag stuck in the cowling air cooling intake of the 182 the other day. It just makes it so much more fun when stuff like this happens!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup, I had a dodgy flap that I didnt pick up until landing that was nearly a sim fatality :?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Haven't had any of those yet. Except the other day I left the cherokee in pristine shape only to return and find the prop damaged and crankshaft. I guess this is either a bug or a gremlin
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

n421nj wrote:Haven't had any of those yet. Except the other day I left the cherokee in pristine shape only to return and find the prop damaged and crankshaft. I guess this is either a bug or a gremlin
Nope sounds like normal to me, looks like whilst you where away someone backed a car into your aircraft or some such.

thanks,
Lewis

Leadcatcher
Airman First Class

Post by Leadcatcher »

I am so impressed with the realism portrayed with this aircraft ..

Just got back into flight simming after a hiatus, but was flying over northern England in the 172, messing with PlanG, Ezdok and the such but crashed FSX... Reloaded and started the flight but didn't go through the pre-flight to save time and wouldn't you know that FSX was having problems with reading my controllers....

Or so I thought - was having to carry loads of left airleron - recalibrated my controller - problem persisted - put the plane down, was taxiing and went to an outside view and noticed the right airleron was hanging down - broken control wire .... here I was swearing at windows and FSX... Got to love this Accusim stuff :-)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The best thing I like is the ability to select Damage OFF under your shift + 3 so if I only have 10mins for a quick blast whilst the kids are taking a nap I can do a quick blast without worry :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”