Flying Lessons On The Beach

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Flying Lessons On The Beach

Post by FAC257 »

Most of my flight hours are Florida based and this combo was hard to pass up. :)

Fulcrum's excellent Embry-Riddle repaint for the 172, flying over Aerosoft's new Daytona International (KDAB).

The Embry-Riddle University campus is done in really nice detail on the far end of the airport. The Daytona International Speedway even has a race going on.
FAC257

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Flying Lessons On The Beach

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice shot FAC 8)

Can you give us some GA flights to do around Florida, must admit Ive never really flown there too much in my sim world.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Lewis,

The default scenery for Florida doesn't have a lot going for it. It took years of collecting of scenery parts and pieces to make flying Florida more realistic and enjoyable.
For most folks, I think it's just a really flat thing sticking out in the water. :)

I use a base combo of FSG, GEX & UTX. To that I've added 59 freeware airports, which includes all of the major military airbases in the state. Plus Fly Tampa-Tampa, LatinVFR-Key West, Aerosoft Miami, Cape Canaveral, & Daytona Beach, add another 35 airports.

It's real easy to get home from work in the afternoon and throw together a few hour long GA flight and fly over things that are interesting to me. :)

Here's the 8 hour flight plan for today.

During the flight, it'll take me within eye shot of everywhere I've lived in the state. Highlighted by Daytona Beach, almost every military airbase in the state, Miami/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm beach areas, the Everglades (GEX or UTX does a great job with this area), the Florida Keys, and the Tampa Bay area.

If I decide to head out of state, the tropics are never very far away even in a Cessna or a Piper. :)

Forest
FAC257

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks Forest, thats some of my flying for this week sorted :) I dont think ill do the full thing but can pick and choose using your flightplan airport ID's as a guide.

cheers,
Lewis

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Lewis,

You can't get lost.

Florida air navigation basics:
If you stop seeing palm trees, you're too far north. Turn around and go the opposite way.
If you start seeing nothing but water, you're out in the Gulf or the Atlantic. Turn around and go the opposite way.
If you start getting shot at by SAMs, you're too far south. Turn around and go the opposite way.

:D :D :D

Forest
FAC257

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

Too bad their model is already outdated. :(

No more grandstands on the SuperStretch, and bigger ones along the front stretch.
ImageImage
ImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Nice shot
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

FAC257 wrote:Florida air navigation basics:
If you stop seeing palm trees, you're too far north. Turn around and go the opposite way.
If you start seeing nothing but water, you're out in the Gulf or the Atlantic. Turn around and go the opposite way.
If you start getting shot at by SAMs, you're too far south. Turn around and go the opposite way.
LMFAO! :mrgreen:

cessnaman
Airman First Class

Post by cessnaman »

I'm based out of S.W. Florida and when I was RW training out of Ft. Myers a nice short cross country we would do would be from kfmy (Ft Myers) to kphk (Palm Beach Co. Glades) to kvnc (Venice) to kfmy, doing touch and go's at these airports.
Now I enjoy flying this with the c172. I'm using Mega Scenery Photo Florida and the view from 5 to 6 thousand is excellent. I'll post some pics on my next flight.

Gabe

Fulcrum
Airman

Post by Fulcrum »

FAC257 wrote:Lewis,

You can't get lost.

Florida air navigation basics:

:D :D :D

Forest
Be wary of the Palakta MOA west of DAB. It does have an SA2 installation there (albeit for the guys out of NAS Jacksonsville to practice bombing) / did at one point. No joke lol.

Best Regards,

Fulcrum

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Cuba is a mere 100 miles or so south. Very doable even in a c172
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”