What a great day in the 172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

What a great day in the 172

Post by bobsk8 »

I spent almost all day flying the A2A Trainer C-172 all over South Florida and between Atlanta and Chattanooga. The programing that went into this aircraft is mind boggling, from the preflight, to running the battery down if you forget to prime the engine with fuel, to fouling the plugs if you idle too long with the mixture rich and the 100LL fuel which I have done in real life. The end of the day, I fly it up to Pahookee, where I used to fly when I lived in South Florida, and went to tie the aircraft down and I couldn't get the control lock to work. Finally discovered that you had to push the yoke forward so the hole lines up and the lock will go in place.....This aircraft is better than sliced bread. :D
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

FuzzyDropbear
Airman

Re: What a great day in the 172

Post by FuzzyDropbear »

bobsk8 wrote:... I couldn't get the control lock to work. Finally discovered that you had to push the yoke forward so the hole lines up and the lock will go in place.....This aircraft is better than sliced bread. :D
Hahaha, the amount of time I spent trying to figure that out and then one day, "hmmm" *push* *click* didn't I feel like the world's dumbest virtual pilot for the next hour :lol:

It still tricks a few people on youtube vids too :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe glad you are enjoying the aircraft so much. Dont forget to grab yourself some great repaints from the community too, lots to choose from, external and internal repaints.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Just wait till you start dabbling with the other a2a aircraft
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Beyond horizon
Airman Basic

Post by Beyond horizon »

Hi bobsk8

Just want to tell you that I myself have been spending the last half year (yes 1/2 year) :lol: of learning allmost everything about the small C172 to manage to fly the plane "by the book".
I have both the P51 civilian together with the rest of the GA from A2A.
But I have not yet moved them even out of my hangar....
With these wonderful airplanes from A2A, you have to actually learn them from the bottom to understand how much joy they can bring back to us as simming pilots.
If you dont learn them from inside to out, from the ground to high up in the air, they will just give you a lots of unwanted problems back, just like the real airplane :mrgreen:
Have fun everyone.
Steinar.
Beyond Horizon

flaminghotsauce
Senior Airman

Post by flaminghotsauce »

bobsk8 wrote:I Finally discovered that you had to push the yoke forward so the hole lines up and the lock will go in place.....
AHA! I never did figure that out! I've been having too many issues between Saitek non-cooperation, and actually finding time to fly, to ever investigate that. I try to park "accurately" like I would in real life, and I NEVER managed to put that darn thing back in. It's been lounging in the pocket as long as I've owned this aircraft.

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

I've always wondered how you were supposed to work that!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe good to hear people are still learning 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BrianGreenlee82
Airman

Post by BrianGreenlee82 »

Now Lewis you of all people should know the only time a pilot sim or real life every stops learning is when he or she dies. You guys did a fantastic job on this airplane.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”