Just took the 172 out for a flight after 3 weeks of sitting

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Just took the 172 out for a flight after 3 weeks of sitting

Post by RageShade1 »

Decided to fire the girl up today, has been sitting 3-4 weeks :) flying other aircraft haha, Besides being a bit reluctant to start at first, it is running sweet, took it on a 1 hour 45min flight with no issues, flew from some grass strip airport (cant remember the name) to my home airport (Flints Bishop International airport) topped off the oil before the flight, (oil is fairly old well over the 50 hour mark, from taking long flights) and the engine has 1524 hours on it now, it consumed a half quart in 1 hour 45min so not bad for how old the oil is and the hours on the engine :) sure was nice to get it out again

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Just took the 172 out for a flight after 3 weeks of sitt

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff, glad you are enjoying the persistent element of the simulation, it does allow a lot of basic flying simulation thats part of everyday pilots lives that has previously always been forgotten in sim land.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

haha i just managed to fly form Michigan to Main on 1 fillup, got 21 miles to the gallon 7.1 gph was an 8 hour trip %70 power %40 mixture at 9500ft when i landed it was sputtering on fumes and the oil was a 6.8 out of 8 quarts haha, it was a nice flight

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Lol only in the sim would I push the limits of fuel reserves. But it is fun to see just how far you can get.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

yes it is haha if found that i can squeeze about 8 hours of fuel from the 172 with the proper settings, but shes getting high hours now (1,600) compression's getting low, powers falling off a bit and i think fuel econ went down a bit lol

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”