Cesna C172 Trainer did not work in Prepar3D v2.2

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
pepe998
Airman Basic

Cesna C172 Trainer did not work in Prepar3D v2.2

Post by pepe998 »

Hello,
I have a problem because I can not fire up the aircraft. Including buttons in the cockpit, the plane did not respond. The yoke does not work. Aircraft fires with auto-start, nothing happens. The battery does not work, avionics does not work. I installed Accu-Sim, Accu-Feel Global and nothing helped.
I Ask for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYFngVE ... e=youtu.be

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cesna C172 Trainer did not work in Prepar3D v2.2

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

welcome to the forums and sorry for your trouble. It sounds like you will need to run the simconnect files. From the FAQ;

"P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib"

That should see you up and flying in no time.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

osprey-v22
Airman

Post by osprey-v22 »

No worries might not apply to me. Just installed Accu Sims C-182 and PA-180 into P3d Pro and everythings there but the acft are C&D. Your redirect to LM doesn't tell or I don't understand what simconnect has to do with it; where it is, what files and where to move them to get flying. I read everything at LM about adding Add on acft but didn't think that applied to A2A P3d ready acft?! Even if it did, I don't see the folders to get into to move files about.

Would I be imposing to ask for a simconnect for beginners: steps 1,2,3 etc., ? I purchased both A2A versions for FSX and P3d Pro. The P3d and all A2A installers and updaters found LM P3d locations w/o fail. The only failure was a flyable aircraft. Virtual aircraft inside or out are all there: C&D! Tried CTRL-E and normal start procedures: No Good? HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

Marcus_02
Airman

Post by Marcus_02 »

Hi osprey-v22

Simconect is an Interface which allows external modules to communicate with the sim.
osprey-v22 wrote:No worries might not apply to me. Just installed Accu Sims C-182 and PA-180 into P3d Pro and everythings there but the acft are C&D.
That indeed indicates that simconnect is not working or not installed.

After new Installing of my Sim, I had the same issue and I simply have forgotten to install simconnect.
The aircraft (the C172 in my case) was stil C&D and the mechanic in the hangar says that all parts are fault.
after installing simconnect, all was fine :) .
osprey-v22 wrote: Your redirect to LM doesn't tell or I don't understand what simconnect has to do with it;
The Accusim Aircrafts are not simply Addon-Aircrafts like those delivered with the Sim and of many other developers.
They're using external modules to simulate the real life behavior of our planes and to communicate to those modules, the simconect interface is nesessary.
osprey-v22 wrote: where it is, what files and where to move them to get flying. I read everything at LM about adding Add on acft but didn't think that applied to A2A P3d ready acft?!
This has nothing to do with adding addon-aircraft to P3d, you need to install simconnect.
Follow the link and take look to the description.

In the mentioned Folder you'll find a file named "simConnect.msi"
That's an installer.
Just doubleclick it and simmconnect will be automatically installed.

After installing simconnect there is a good chance, that your aircrafts are working well :).
Just give it a try :).

Best greetings
Marcus

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”