Question about flap extension

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
malibu43
Airman

Question about flap extension

Post by malibu43 »

I just took up the C172 in P3D for the first time in a long time and found that when extending the flaps, I have to hold down F7 for anything to happen, and then the flaps jump all the way out to 30 degrees and I have to retract them back to get to 10 or 20 degrees. Simple pressing F7 once doesn't do anything like it does in other aircraft. Trying to use the flap lever in the VC produces the same result - I can drop the flaps all the way to 30 degrees but not in increments. They will retract in increments.

Is this intentional?

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Question about flap extension

Post by dvm »

Make sure that you have the repeat sliders all the way to the left in the P3D control settings for the extend and retract flaps incrementally commands. Not sure how similar the P3D configurator is to FSX. If you have the sliders in any position other than full left you will get the result you described.
Last edited by dvm on 26 Apr 2015, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

malibu43 wrote:I just took up the C172 in P3D for the first time in a long time and found that when extending the flaps, I have to hold down F7 for anything to happen, and then the flaps jump all the way out to 30 degrees and I have to retract them back to get to 10 or 20 degrees. Simple pressing F7 once doesn't do anything like it does in other aircraft. Trying to use the flap lever in the VC produces the same result - I can drop the flaps all the way to 30 degrees but not in increments. They will retract in increments.

Is this intentional?
Did you get your flaps sorted out ?

Kinda of inconsiderate not to respond when someone offers you help !

malibu43
Airman

Post by malibu43 »

Sorry. I don't check these forums regularly and real life has been busy so I forgot that I asked this question.

I just fired P3D up last night, and the flaps worked normally without the issue I described above. I didn't, however, have my joystick plugged in. So if there is still an issue, it seems like it's with an assignment or setting in my Saitek software.

Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Let us know how you get on malibu43 and no worries on the delay the forums work at any speed :)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I guess not
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

dvm wrote:
malibu43 wrote:I just took up the C172 in P3D for the first time in a long time and found that when extending the flaps, I have to hold down F7 for anything to happen, and then the flaps jump all the way out to 30 degrees and I have to retract them back to get to 10 or 20 degrees. Simple pressing F7 once doesn't do anything like it does in other aircraft. Trying to use the flap lever in the VC produces the same result - I can drop the flaps all the way to 30 degrees but not in increments. They will retract in increments.

Is this intentional?
Did you get your flaps sorted out ?

Kinda of inconsiderate not to respond when someone offers you help !
It was late in the day and the wife was giving me a hard time and I needed a drink so I kicked the dog figuratively speaking. :D
My apology for being testy.

Vince

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”