C172 Elevator Sensitivity, Slow Flight, Steep Turns

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
aviator1213
Airman

Re: C172 Elevator Sensitivity, Slow Flight, Steep Turns

Post by aviator1213 »

I just got my PPL a few days ago. While A2A's 172 is undoubtedly the best sim aircraft and has helped me in my training, I also decided I had to stop using it in the final 2 months before checkride to avoid adjusting for differences in controls I learned from A2A.

I also identified landing, especially in crosswind, and steep turns as two main items that differed from the real 172's I fly.

Specifically, using the same control inputs, A2A will drop much more quickly at start of steep turn. I would have guessed it'd be the other way around considering the yoke travel is a lot less with the Saitek yoke (I have the Saitek Cessna yoke, trim, and rudders). While I am able to keep altitude well in the real aircraft by using the horizon, I have to adjust my technique to do the same with A2A.

For crosswind landing, there is a tendency for A2A to float when "de-crabbing", which is not observed in the real 172's (I have the latest updates from April 2015 - I think it's been much improved, but still not quite there).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Also remember that the variants do matter, all too often the 172 is referred to as the 172 by pilots that perhaps should know better. Its been in production for longer than many of us have been alive and each variant and of course engine type fly's slightly differently, esp when talking about small nuances.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cessnaman
Airman First Class

Post by cessnaman »

[/quote]
Wow, What A difference. Put the null zone at zero and Sensitivity at 100% and greased the landing on first shot. :D :D :D I put the yoke pressure in the shift 3 panel at 3. I never noticed that setting because it is't labeled until you hover over it with the mouse. Would these sens and null zones also be Ok for the Cherokee?[/quote]

I too have a CH Yoke and it also sticks. Not sure if it's due to have the yoke for so many years and maybe needs some maintenance, but I going to try the setting you have and see if it will make a difference with my yoke. I know my sensitivity is at 100%, but not sure what I had my null zone and yoke pressure set at.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”