4_15 update niggles

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
monica6211
Staff Sergeant

4_15 update niggles

Post by monica6211 »

Yesterday I did a little flight with the Cessna 182 after the update, and didn't notice any issues, although I wasn't trying to find anything. Tonight I just finished an hour and a half flight in the 172, and noticed a couple of things which were working before the update.

During pre-flight, when you get to the steps of checking the tires and removing the chocks, there are no icons for removing them. Also, when inspecting the elevator, the trim tab doesn't move at all. When checking the play, I hear the sound, but the tab doesn't move at all. And the view inside the cockpit looking back, it still doesn't move. The trim wheel moves correctly, and in flight it responds properly, but the tab visually does not move.

I have been having another minor issue off and on for some time, but I haven't reported it because I think it is something with my sound card. In the 172 and 182, when I first installed it, I would get all of the sounds. But after a few days or so, I no longer get the engine cool down noise or the gyro noise. I've tried un-installing and re-installing several times. Sometimes that would bring them back, but sometimes not. I think it might be my sound card or drivers, so I'm going to play with them in the next day or so. I noticed that when shutting down the plane, when I turn the number 1 radio off, I get a micro-stutter in the sound, which I think is causing the other sound issues. But if anyone knows of anything else to look at, I'm all ears.

Later today I'll do a thorough checkout of the 182 and post my findings in the 182 forum.

With each update, these planes just keep getting better and better. I have many other planes, but just can't seem to pry myself away from these. I'm really looking forward to purchasing the Cherokee and Mustang here in the next couple of weeks.
Last edited by monica6211 on 18 Apr 2015, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 4_15 update niggles

Post by Nick - A2A »

monica6211 wrote:Also, when inspecting the elevator, the trim tab doesn't move at all. When checking the play, I here the sound, but the tab doesn't move at all. And the view inside the cockpit looking back, it still doesn't move. The trim wheel moves correctly, and in flight it responds properly, but the tab visually does not move.
Monica,

I can confirm the trim tab animation in the C172R doesn't work for me either. It's fine in both the Skylane and Cherokee, and as you mention the trim function isn't affected - it's just the exterior model animation.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Same here. Trim tab does make a sound in the preflight check and works in flight but no visual animation when I use the preflight wiggle feature or when I change the trim.

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This may be a bug that slipped though, but not sure atm. I added this to my TO DO to look into.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”