Selecting Com 1 or Com 2 Radio Transmit via Keyboard

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Redwulf__42
Airman Basic

Selecting Com 1 or Com 2 Radio Transmit via Keyboard

Post by Redwulf__42 »

I can't get the 'transmit on Com 1' or 'transmit on Com 2' keyboard commands to work from the keyboard. When I assign buttons and try them, the monitor buttons toggle momentarily but return to the previous state. Otherwise I have to use the mouse in the cockpit to select the com radio via the rotary switch at the top right of the radio panel. This is awkward when flying on Pilotedge and trying to change to multiple radio frequencies in a hurry. Note that these commands do work work in the stock FSX planes.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Selecting Com 1 or Com 2 Radio Transmit via Keyboard

Post by Nick - A2A »

Redwulf_42 - not really a direct answer to your question, but the COMM radios do allow you to save multiple frequencies (up to 32) using the 'CHAN' button. This video by A2A provides more info:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj0MHXTIut4#t=113[/youtube]

You may already be aware of this custom feature, but if not it could be helpful when working with multiple frequencies.

Regards,
Nick

Edit: just tested this and I see the same as you've described. i.e. the position of the microphone selector rotary switch overrides any attempt to switch audio select button using keyboard/hardware. This seems to be due to the "auto-com" feature of the real KMA 26. Maybe being able to rotate the mic. selector via the 'A2A input configurator' would be a possible addition for a future update... ?
A2A Simulations Inc.

Redwulf__42
Airman Basic

Post by Redwulf__42 »

Thanks. That helps a bit.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

An added tip... If you've got a long list of commonly-used local ATC frequencies, you can cheat and type them into the "com_1.txt" and "com_2.txt" files in the A2A folder rather than fiddling with the knobs on the radios. (default FSX location of these would be - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”