172 Random unreparable destruction???

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

172 Random unreparable destruction???

Post by tomvaillencourt »

Started a flight today in a Carenado Cessna 206H - Wanted to fly the A2A 172, so I switched to the Default 172 then to the A2A. It immediately was shaking violently. with no up elevator authority. Flaps were retracted, but the aircraft nosed forward until inverted, and no amount of aileron / rudder would flip her over. I used the map function to place it on the ground, and opened the maintenance hangar. It said, bad prop strike crankshaft destroyed etc. The complete overhaul option would not work. repairing/ replacing prop would not work. I tried reloading the aircraft several times with the same result. It will not repair. What on earth is going on here? Ive never crashed it or over stressed the airframe, And it flew fine yesterday!

cessnaman
Airman First Class

Re: 172 Random unreparable destruction???

Post by cessnaman »

Not sure, but it sounds like you switched airplanes in the air. If so that may be why you had the problem. I always start on the ground when changing airplanes, so I really can't say.

Just a thought.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, sounds like you want to restart the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Or at least start high enough to get it started before kissing pavement
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

It wasn't an altitude issue... Restarted the sim, this time did a new flight with the 172 being the first aircraft. It was still the same. prop strike with crankshaft and flight control damage... Resetting the aircraft, the flight, or the sim does not change it. Switching to the aircraft midair is something I do alot, and I've never seen an aircraft not fully load correctly. Sometimes I have to turn on avionics, but thats really it. I'm just going to re-install it. I don't know what happened.

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Another thing I noticed was my option for the GNS430 was missing suddenly too... So weird. The Fresh install did the trick, although when it re-installed it used my previous CFG and skins, which I had backed up to another folder temporarily but forgot to delete in the original directory after the uninstall.. It reinstalled with the 10.3 hrs I had on it as well as all the mechanical troubles. The tires were also shot, so it said. However the maintenance Hanger did function correctly and I was able to do a complete overhaul. The GNS430 is back too, I have no Idea why that had disappeared. everything looks normal so far. Time for a test flight.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”