x52-pro settings/button assignments

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
TommyK154
Airman Basic

x52-pro settings/button assignments

Post by TommyK154 »

After my Logitech 3d died for the 2nd time I got myself an x52, and there are a ton of buttons on this thing that I can program. I'm sure that some of you here have to have this stick as well, so I'm wondering how did you set it up? I managed to do a few things, but I'm pretty confused about getting the scrolls and rotatories to work. For example on the back of the throttle there is a scroll wheel which I'd like to set to the elevator trim but I can't figure out how to do so as the in-game settings only let you assign a button to this. Same with mixture, I'd love to have it on the slider or one of the rotatory switches but I can't figure how to assign it since again the game wants a button. And I have a bunch more buttons open that I'd like to assign to cessna functions, as this plane is what I fly almost exclusively.

Also the joystick linearity/deadzone is pretty awful for some reason. When I look at the calibration through Windows, everything is fine, I have no deadzone set and the joystick is very precise. But in FSX, I have like an inch of deadzone, the stick does nothing until you push it a good amount off center. And then once you do get input registered, I'm fairly certain the joystick isn't linear, as in its more sensitive on the edge than the center, but this might just be my perception because of the huge dead zone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's something in FSX because like I said when I view the calibration through Windows everything works perfectly.

Thanks in advance, I need all the help I can get with this stick.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: x52-pro settings/button assignments

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there TommyK154' I have an X52 Pro and it takes a lot of playing around to get it to work properly but is well worth it in the end. First off I would go and get the driver updates for the controller and go from there. The scroll button I have never been able to assign as I think that it is for the mouse. as for the mixture I have assigned it to T5 trim to A & B ect. this is what I have been using for some time now. It is all personal preference in what you use the most and where you would like them. Just be patient and try different things and I think that you will find your own preferences and enjoy the stick. I have had mine for over 5 years now and loving it.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: x52-pro settings/button assignments

Post by n421nj »

I can get the 3 stage switch to work but I only use the x52 for choppers. I know sacralige flying a p51 with a yoke.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”