Appreciation of the 172 after spending time with the 182

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Appreciation of the 172 after spending time with the 182

Post by Medtner »

I'm having some small trips around the Seattle area with the 172 these days, not having flown anything else than the 182 since release (apart from 30 minutes in the P-51). Being able to notice the difference is so much fun, and I realize that I love the 172 as well as the 182.

The relative nimbleness, the easier operation (fixed pitch propeller and no cowl-flaps) and the feeling that it is less expensive, all come together to make a great trainer! Somehow the cockpit feels ever so slightly smaller - don't know what that is, but it feels right. Maybe the sound of the engine doesn't promise as much as the larger 182 does?

Anyway, just wanted to say that one new Accusim aircraft added to the fleet makes me appreciate the others even more! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Appreciation of the 172 after spending time with the 182

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Medtner, thanks for your post and good to hear. The C172 Trainer is one of the worlds most popular GA aircraft and Trainers and glad we captured it well enough with the 172R simulation to keep you coming back, its certainly a very different animal to the 182.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I just had a wonderful flight from Sekiu (11s) via Diamond Point (2WA1) (and three times I tried to land at Olypic (W45), but for the life of me I couldn't make it - difficult little strip!), via Orcas Island (KORS), and all the way to Squamish (CYSE).

So much fun! I love having the option between the two trainers, the Cessna 172 and the Piper Cherokee. And for exploring and longer travels the 182 comes in handy. Now, a twin would be such a natural progression that I can almost already feel the "dead foot - dead engine" practice sessions in my feet... :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

jmann
Airman First Class

Post by jmann »

A Cessna 310 would be awesome.. I agree, a nice progression to a twin would be a great choice as the piper is a great transition to a low wing.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”