Excellent product but unfortunately unfinished

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Saadinov
Airman Basic

Excellent product but unfortunately unfinished

Post by Saadinov »

Hello,
This is my first post here, unfortunately it is out of frustration that I am writing.
Let me first say that this product has big potential and I really like it but I had so much problems with it.
The question is why?
It seems that it is an unfinished product. And is designed to be run with mouse and keyboard. So much for simulations!

First problem: I couldn't start the engine followed the procedure in your guide. I tried everything you can imagine. I spent hours trying every variation and possibility , going to the garage fixing things. So the solution was ctrl E just to try the plane.
Second problem: Saitek controllers. I am sure everybody knows about this. Try anything ,you're not going to have it all.
Install spad, FSUIPC, remove saitek drivers, reinstall saitek drivers ,register FSUIPC , use input configurator ,read about the solutions in the forum
and there is even somebody in the forum criticising a user who was complaining about the same thing batt and alt buttons not working properly telling him you don't know what you are talking about and you are not a pilot.
My thinking is :
this company is passionate about simulation.
People buying this product are passionate about simulation.
Saitek and CH products are the most popular hardware and they work with FSX just fine.
So why a2a simulations product is creating so much trouble for users.
Why don't they offer help to users buy writing a step by step article about installation.
And if it is designed to be used with mouse and keyboard, tell people that so there is no false expectations.
Here is my setup:
windows 7
fsx acceleration
accu sim c172 and update
saitek yoke and pedals
saitek TPM and trim wheel
Saitek panels: radio, multi, switch

Can you suggest something please? Anything and I will follow it to the letter.
Thank you

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Re: Excellent product but unfortunately unfinished

Post by mer8771 »

I have the same setup you have Saitek stuff and I have no issues using it. Did or do you have the profiler from Saitek? Also do you have the UiAnimationcore.dll thing installed as that has been know to make things seam as they are not working with the right click menu in FSX using Win7. The UIAnimationcore.dll needs to be in the main folder of FSX. Come to thank of it, my PC did not know I had a yoke until I pulled the usb and put in one of the others I have.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Sorry you have encountered some issues. My first suggestion would be to post your exact issues in the 172 tech support forum so we can help you. This is the first time you have posted, please if you ever come across these issues you really should post so we can help and advise. You will note that already someone with your kit has noted it all works so its just going to be something simple to correct/change with your setup.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It never takes more than two tries to get the engine started. Yes it is more difficult since the update but that's how they are in real life. You're prob over priming like everyone else.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Saadinov
Airman Basic

Post by Saadinov »

Hello,
Thank you all for your response.
I am a pilot and in real life it is not that difficult to start the c172. It is not difficult at all.
Regards

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Saadinov wrote:Hello,
This is my first post here, unfortunately it is out of frustration that I am writing.
Let me first say that this product has big potential and I really like it but I had so much problems with it.
The question is why?
It seems that it is an unfinished product. And is designed to be run with mouse and keyboard. So much for simulations!

First problem: I couldn't start the engine followed the procedure in your guide. I tried everything you can imagine. I spent hours trying every variation and possibility , going to the garage fixing things. So the solution was ctrl E just to try the plane.
Second problem: Saitek controllers. I am sure everybody knows about this. Try anything ,you're not going to have it all.
Install spad, FSUIPC, remove saitek drivers, reinstall saitek drivers ,register FSUIPC , use input configurator ,read about the solutions in the forum
and there is even somebody in the forum criticising a user who was complaining about the same thing batt and alt buttons not working properly telling him you don't know what you are talking about and you are not a pilot.
My thinking is :
this company is passionate about simulation.
People buying this product are passionate about simulation.
Saitek and CH products are the most popular hardware and they work with FSX just fine.
So why a2a simulations product is creating so much trouble for users.
Why don't they offer help to users buy writing a step by step article about installation.
And if it is designed to be used with mouse and keyboard, tell people that so there is no false expectations.
Here is my setup:
windows 7
fsx acceleration
accu sim c172 and update
saitek yoke and pedals
saitek TPM and trim wheel
Saitek panels: radio, multi, switch

Can you suggest something please? Anything and I will follow it to the letter.
Thank you
Before I made the decision to answer your post I read and re-read what you have said several times as I wanted to be absolutely sure I was understanding what you were saying.
Pursuant to this may I respectfully offer the following advice.

A2A offers a completely open forum for the purpose of assisting those who have issues with their product.
A2A welcomes any and all input and your input is no exception but to gain maximum benefit from offered assistance it is much preferred that people asking for help simply state the issues without proceeding on into assumptions.
In your case, much of what you have assumed simply isn't accurate and I'm certain will be found to be unrelated to any issues you are having. This doesn't question the fact that you are having the issues stated. It does however pose to you the premise that there are literally hundreds of users of the product in question out here who are not having the issues you are having, myself not withstanding.
In reading over your post and the issues as mentioned I believe you will find that the majority of your issues will be discovered as local and not product related at all. I say this because I don't have your issues and I know for a fact that others don't have them.
Bottom line on what I'm saying to you is that when posting on th A2A forums for assistance, you will find A2A ready and capable of helping you solve your problems. You can help A2A with this task by simply coming on board stating what is happening without all the assumption concerning the product and the company.
Just tell A2A what has happened. There are literally a hundred people on these forums who are ready and willing to help you. A2A doesn't need to be told their product is deficient. Trust me, it isn't.
I understand how frustrating it can be to spend a lot of time trying to solve something that doesn't work right on a computer, especially after paying for the privilege of doing it :-)
Understand this; I'm not trying to nail you with this post, simply offering you some friendly advice.
I know A2A quite well. I work closely with them in designing their products. I believe I know airplanes fairly well.
I know the finished product works as advertized because it works here on my own system. I understand there are issues. People post on the forums all the time with issues. Considering the product runs well on the A2A systems one has to conclude that most issues being experienced are local involving installation, configuration, software conflict, driver issues, etc. These can be sorted out through forum interface.
So have a little patience, be a bit less accusative, and hang in there with us as A2A gets you up and running properly.
As others have said already, I'm sorry you have had some issues. Don't worry, we'll help you sort it all out.
Dudley Henriques

Saadinov
Airman Basic

Post by Saadinov »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I am sure my issues are not unique to my system and the forum number of views on some issues prove that.
I am not being critical for the sake of it. If I wasn't interested I wouldn't spend a word on this product.
For once we have something interesting and serious to use it is not nice to be struggling with some configuration staff.
I am always ready to do some work when I install a new product due to different manufacturers.But in this occasion it went too far. fsx, saitek, spad, fsuipc, linda, windows drivers, and some other staff. I just want to fly the plane using my controllers.
But let not get lost into details.
Here is what I think.
The configurator your are offering with the plane can be key.It should be developed and more comprehensive and shouldn't rely on spad because spad is an unfinished driver and itself is relying on fsuipc. But I am not telling you what to do.
For the engine start up I still don't know what wrong.
I still have problem with batt and alt red buttons and the flaps lever on the saitek multi panel.
Regards

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Saadinov wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I am sure my issues are not unique to my system and the forum number of views on some issues prove that.
I am not being critical for the sake of it. If I wasn't interested I wouldn't spend a word on this product.
For once we have something interesting and serious to use it is not nice to be struggling with some configuration staff.
I am always ready to do some work when I install a new product due to different manufacturers.But in this occasion it went too far. fsx, saitek, spad, fsuipc, linda, windows drivers, and some other staff. I just want to fly the plane using my controllers.
But let not get lost into details.
Here is what I think.
The configurator your are offering with the plane can be key.It should be developed and more comprehensive and shouldn't rely on spad because spad is an unfinished driver and itself is relying on fsuipc. But I am not telling you what to do.
For the engine start up I still don't know what wrong.
I still have problem with batt and alt red buttons and the flaps lever on the saitek multi panel.
Regards
I see.

Well, since my installation has none of these issues I'll back off here and let others join in and try to get you straightened out. I use Saitek and CH and have zero issues assigning to the controllers using the configurator as supplied.
DH

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I can't comment on more complex control setup as I only use a joystick, Saitek throttle quadrant and Saitek rudder pedals. I only used the built in FSX control mapping panel and do not have any other software in play such as SPAD, LINDA, etc.

For startup I file the exact same steps and timings I use for a real fuel injected C172. No issues at all with the startup. A common gotcha is forgetting to push in the fuel cutoff.

Are you seeing fuel flow indicated when priming?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Any issues please post in the tech support forum. Also please note that the simulation is a 172, we have had a number of users and real life pilots try using the carb method of starting 172s and getting into all manner of difficulties resulting in flooding the engine.

Regarding the use of SPAD LINDA etc, these are used in complex simulations as the controllers that require them are advanced hardware or they themselves do not come with the software needed for advanced mapping hence the very existence of SPAD for correct mapping.

As noted previously the issue seems to be a system error on your end that we are happy to help you resolve but we will need that post in the tech support forum detailing the exact issues for us to tackle them one at a time and more than often point you in the right direction to get help.

thanks,
Lewis

Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Post by Wiqvist »

Well, I may not can be to any help, but anyway. I got the Saitek Products too and the only two buttons who do not run is 'bat' and 'alt', the rest work as it should. I do only use the Saitek drivers and FSX, no FSUIP or Linda or any other such extra software and it works fine for me. I got the Pro flight yoke and rudder pedals, the trim Wheel, the multipanel(autopilot), the switch panel, three radio panels, 6 instrument panels, the Backlit information panel(Bip), and the TPM-Control(and also TrackIr).

And all this works as it should. If there was a bug or some error with A2a's aircraft model so should also I have the same problem as you have. I think that is the most easy way to see if it is a bug in the software or if it is a user error. If almost everyone have the same problem, the problem is in the software. If some few have a problem and it works for most persons, the error is a user error.

So my only advise is to try it with out all this extra software.
Last edited by Wiqvist on 16 Dec 2014, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

@ Saadinov
Here is my setup and all of it is working through FSX assigned buttons and I have no problems with A2A's planes they all work.
I would say the problem is your end. On the switch panel you may have to toggle the switch twice. So on off on
Large pic's sorry

Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

That is really similar to my set up and desk. Same keyboard.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Post by kapjadi »

http://flightsimulatornetwork.com/uploa ... 90x388.jpg

Hi Sir!
Most of your hardwares are the same as mine, I had some trial and error before everything works for me, please don't set up controls in the A2A configurator some of the buttons you assigned in FSUIPC and also disable the assignment in FSX controls if you are using fsuipc because it will create conflict...for example you assign and enable your yoke in fsx control and you set it as well in fsuipc, when you fly,observe that your control is twitchy. Just assign it where you want it.In my old system (vista) A2A 172 works well and I have a new rig (windows 8) and both works well with A2A planes. :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oh kapjadi what chair is that the thrust master gamer chair!? I'm in the market for a new comfort chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”