Strange occurance?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
kramerdc9
Airman

Strange occurance?

Post by kramerdc9 »

I have a strange behavior of the aircraft right on takeoff. When I load FSX and the plane for takeoff, at about 50kts the plane starts to dive into the runway. I checked the elevator trim, and it was in the neutral position. Did preflight and checked everything else in the cockpit and seemed to be ok. I haven't experienced this with the previous core updates. I do have the latest core update. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, I don't know. Sidebar, when I do the preflight, I noticed that when checking the flaps, pressing the flap button doesn't move them and I don't hear the sound of them moving. The elevators seem to be working just fine. Anyways, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Strange occurance?

Post by Al FR-153 »

My first question would be: Do you have the autopilot on? If so, that is a NO NO.

Secondly, you apparently do have a flaps issue. Not sure what you are using to electrically select your flap position but you may try to check your mapping for that switch.

Next, and this may be my personal preferences showing..... What is the hurry to get in the air? 50 knots if just above stall speed. Unless I am on a short field, I keep the flaps retracted and have the trim to a negative setting between A and K in the word TAKE part of TAKE ^ OFF. The 172R likes the nose down attitude. I know, that is contradictory to the problem you are having, but again, suspect you have your autopilot on. With full power and mixture rich, you should have plenty of runway, unless you are flying in the bush. On takeoff roll, I stay on the runway until the wings decide that they want to go airborne, and you can see / feel that happening as well. Then, gently pull the stick (yoke) back for rotation. With the negative trim and full power, your nose will tend to stay down some, but not dive into the ground.

One last point.... Hopefully, you have rebooted after you did the 11-20-14 update. There have been some here that have had an issue, rebooted, and the problem went away. If not, you may thy it.

Hope this helps.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

rcoultas
Airman First Class

Post by rcoultas »

It sounds like, you might be experiencing the same "anomaly" that I have. On my system, if I load the A2A C172 directly first, I get the same nose down tendency on the takeoff run. The aircraft kind of acts like it's in slew mode with no control input. No matter what I do I can't stop the aircraft from nosing over. This has occasionally happened on the taxiway as well if my taxi speed get too fast. Definitely weird.

My solution: I always load the FSX default flight/aircraft first, then once that is loaded I change the aircraft to the A2A aircraft of my choice. It's always worked for me on my system at stopping the undesirable anomaly!
Cheers,
Randall

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Indeed, it is considered good practice to first load a default aircraft and then switch the aircraft when using complex third party simulations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It almost sounds like you are taking off and leaving ground effect without enough speed and stalling
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

I believe the A2A C172R has to have a fair amount of trim set for takeoff to keep the nose up. Neutral trim normally will not work for takeoff on this aircraft. This site is full of posts about the trim on this aircraft and A2A says it's trim physics are correct.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :idea:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”