Mouse curser hand symbol disappears in the A2A 172.

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Gear Up
Airman Basic

Mouse curser hand symbol disappears in the A2A 172.

Post by Gear Up »

Wondering about the mouse curser in my A2A 172. I'm finding the arrow won't change to the hand symbol. It's there for a while then disappears. Won't come back unless I reboot the sim. Anyone else having issues with this? Makes flying and using cockpit controls just a bit tricky! :|

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Re: Mouse curser hand symbol disappears in the A2A 172.

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I've had this happen. Sometimes changing to an external view and back to the cockpit can give you back your clickspots but it can happen again. Reloading the plane is usually the more stable fix.

This issue is more prevalent if you installed the custom 3D lights. Consider running the updater and installing the default lights if the problem persists.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you running the latest version?

Latest updater;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=41279

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gear Up
Airman Basic

Post by Gear Up »

Hi Lewis,

I did run the updater, thankyou. I noticed a page that came up saying that the 172's landing lights, if set to illuminate the ground, can cause issues with the mouse cursor. I de-selected the landing light option on my sim, and now everything seems AOK. Thanks. I didn't realize there was a newer version of the 172, so apprecaite the support. :)

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Hi Gear Up and Lewis,

Is this issue only related to A2A products, or is it activated thru A2A lib updates? I had this often last time in my P3Dv2, but I was flying choppers all the time.

Got Pro Flight Trainer controls last week 8) , and therefore currently no time for Cessna's :oops:

3 Greens,

Andreas

Gear Up
Airman Basic

Post by Gear Up »

Hi Andreas,

I've not had this issue with any other aircraft. I have a fleet of Carenado GA aircraft and never had the mouse hand cursor disapear. The 172 A2A is the first Accusim aircraft I've bought. But having installed the update and by switching off the 'landing lights illuminate the ground' tab, I've not had this issue re-occur.

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Yesterday, I changed pitch and stick to to yoke and flew my brandnew c182 Skylane (P3D2 version) 5 1/2 hrs from Sekiu,WA down to Lake Tahoe. Landing Lights where on and working, and I had no problems. The latest library update (A2A_Update_11_14_14) was installed a week before, I've installed the Sklylane.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the issue can affect all aircraft but we believe it was fixed a long time ago. Gear up could have chosen the carry on using the illuminated light effects so long as the latest update was applied without issue. However its worth noting that the end result of click spots not working' has multiple errors/features before it. For example if you move your eyepoint within the model geometry all click spots will stop working in MSFS and P3D, this is a feature rather than a bug.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Gear Up
Airman Basic

Post by Gear Up »

My 172 is fine now. I applied the update and have not had any further issues. I'll turn back on the 'landing light illuminates the ground' tab and see what happens.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”