Cockpit builders?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
GeneW
Airman

Cockpit builders?

Post by GeneW »

I remember reading there would be a thread for cockpit builders, I am wondering if there is interest in this besides the helpful info on the C172 tech support forum. I for one would be very interested in a thread for simpit builders to share problems & solutions. Attached is a pic of my simpit. I built the simpit a few years ago. When A2A came out with the C172 (I already own Accusim), I decided I had to have it. I bought the C172 about 5 months ago, & even with TrackIR5 it was a bear to fly. I did the pattern a few times but could not maintain visual reference & keep my eye on the instruments. (I managed to handle the pattern without crashing, but it was not a pretty picture). After researching various options, I found that Simplugins was going to release an instrument set for the C172, so I bought that & started down the path of acquiring (specing & building) a 2nd computer. Yesterday I finally got the whole setup working pretty well, so I took my first "cross country" from KAVP to KIPT, parked overnight, then flew back today. (About a 30 minute flight, ~50 miles) Thanks A2A for an awsome plane! Most things work pretty well with my simpit, but there are some "squawks", mostly with the radios.
I am looking forward to getting some of bugs worked out in the simpit, then move on to the PA28! Those 2 planes should keep me happy for a long time.

Edit: I tried to attach a pic of my simpit but I don't know why it did not take. I checked FAQ but can't see what is wrong.

Gene

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cockpit builders?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Gene,

The cockpit builders thread is under tech support as a sticky thread and lists all the needed variables for users to map there hardware using the tools they use.

You are more than welcome to post here any questions you may have but I would suggest more one of the dedicated simpit communities to help you with the dedicated stuff.

The images you will want to upload to an image hosting site or your own webspace to post on the forums.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”