Navigation Data for GPS

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
ceranes
Airman Basic

Navigation Data for GPS

Post by ceranes »

Are we able to update the GPS Navigation Data with the Navigraph.com service? I use that service to update the FMS data in all of my PMDG aircraft, as well as some of the smaller Flight One GA Aircraft.

I am very intrigued by this aircraft and have been looking for a plane that is as close to the real thing as you can.

Thanks,

Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Navigation Data for GPS

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Chris,

The GPS is the default GPS. For the simulation you want you will be wanting to look at one of the third party GPS units. The C172 Trainer supports the RXP GPS units.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You can update the default GPS navigation fixes with a free AIRAC update. However it does not update any airport data such as approaches, so new or amended approaches won't be correct. It allows me to hand fly the GPS approaches using the correct fixes in the cases where the approaches don't exist in the DB. You won't have the RWY MAP point or sequencing to holds in those cases where the current approaches don't exist.

I am not sure about the functionality of the aftermarket GPS systems, I have never looked into those.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ceranes
Airman Basic

Post by ceranes »

Thanks Guys.

I used an aftermarket GPS back when I flew FS2000 & 2004. At that point in time they seemed cool...but all I had to compare it to was the default. I didn't have products like Navigraph, PMDG, etc to spoil me!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”