Damage modeling suggestion

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Damage modeling suggestion

Post by Oracle427 »

A video was published recently for the A2A 172 where the aircraft was flown into the ground in a nose low attitude at about 400fpm at 65 to 70 kias.

In a subsequent landing the plane was forced down with forward pressure while over the runway.

I believe this would result in firewall damage or possibly a collapsed nose wheel, prop strike, etc.

In a less damage scenario, I would expect damage to the nosewheel itself. Possibly with damage to the steering components and a blown or damaged tire.

Is it possible to detect this and model a steering control issue or trigger a prop strike (depending on the severity) as well as report this damage in the maintenance hangar?

I think this would encourage one to use proper technique.

I know this goes beyond the scope of "flight simulation" and into crash simulation, so understandable if it isn't a priority.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Damage modeling suggestion

Post by Scott - A2A »

FSX is limited in it's crash detection and what happens / available to us the moment a crash occurs. Because of this, we run a randomized damage script to the plane on a crash. This is OK, as it's more about being a flight simulator, not a crash simulator.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”