what can be damaged?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
lorenzosgro
Airman First Class

what can be damaged?

Post by lorenzosgro »

Hello, my name is lorenzo i was wondering, when i do preflight inspections and for example i am watching the inside the alileron linkages or stabilizer or when i check fuel contmination, can these things be dameged?

when i look at the pictures during preflight can i find some differences? or something obstructing the induction take?

n454mw
Staff Sergeant

Re: what can be damaged?

Post by n454mw »

In a word yes, you may find anything from broken bolts and pins on the flight control linkages to a rag left in the cowl intake by a forgetful mechanic!

Mark
Thanks Mark

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes things will wear and tear in real time (including when your computer is shut down). Some are rare though and it's entirely possible to use the simulation and never see some of the things that can go wrong.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

One thing I've noticed with a2a planes is that there are so many little things hidden away that never get mentioned. Unless you experience that little quirk or read about it on the forums you'd never know it existed. Maybe one day we'll get a complete list
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

lorenzosgro
Airman First Class

Post by lorenzosgro »

Thank you very much!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

One of my favorites..... Make sure you fuel BEFORE you do your walk around fuel/sump checks. Water happens.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

RageShade1
Staff Sergeant

Post by RageShade1 »

I have a question...if u have your crank bearings very worn out (57 psi of oil pressure at full power)..haven't done an oil change in a long time but the oil is full (very black)..and the filter is loaded with metal...is it possible to wear out/destroy the oil pump with the metal shavings in the oil...is that modeled at all..i know u can get used planes with warn oil pumps...and ive had an oil pump just randomly fail on the B-17 before.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Al FR-153 wrote:One of my favorites..... Make sure you fuel BEFORE you do your walk around fuel/sump checks. Water happens.
I have yet to see water! If I fuel up do I need to wait a few minutes for the water to settle? I usually fuel it, then start the walk around, so it's probably less than a minute or so before I check the first tank...

Joe
Joe

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It doesn't take long at all for water to settle in the tanks. A minute is plenty of time for the water to gather into the low spots.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

JoeS475 wrote:I have yet to see water!
hey Joe... uh where you goin' with that, jar in your...
hey Joe... I said where you goin' with that, jar in your hand...

I'm goin' down to drain my tanks,
you know there's got to be a little water, from the gas in those cans (yeah)
and that ain't too cool...

---------

Joe, the few times I have had it (in the sim) I know once I nearly missed it, as there was just a little sliver of water at the bottom of the tester. Reckon that won't help much. Fwiw my (RW) experience (as I recall) not many times did I ever find it, and then just some globs of water at the bottom of the tester. Course you paid attention cause you never knew if one day might be the day the whole draw e.g. was going to be water.

(btw sry couldn't help the Hendrix moment :lol: )
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”