Repaint question

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Sazoga
Airman First Class

Repaint question

Post by Sazoga »

Hey guys!

I just wanted to make my own C172 (with a german registration) and I finally found the D-ETTS. It's very pretty, because you can change the colours to black, red and gold :D Here's a pic:

So I downloaded the Paint Kit, imported it to GIMP (I love GIMP and I'm not going to use Photoshop..) and downloaded DXTBmp. But first of all, I have to paint the aircraft.. But I don't know how to paint these three "lines" correctly. Could you please help me there? I tried it with the lasso selection (if that is the correct word in english), so I had to select every single point for the form, which wasn't as easy as I thought. Here's my (bad) result after 2 hours..

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Re: Repaint question

Post by Sazoga »

Okay, next issue guys -.-

I saved it to .psd but it the file size wasn't 315MB anymore, just 37,5MB.. And GIMP said I have to save/export it, before I close GIMP (as I tried to close GIMP).. And now the .psd is broken D: So if I could paint it correctly, I couldn't export it. Nice one :(

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Repaint question

Post by speedy70 »

The registration of the aircraft you want to repaint is D-ETTS but the paint you have done shows D-EETS.!!!!!!

Sazoga
Airman First Class

Re: AW: Repaint question

Post by Sazoga »

Oh, thanks! :D

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia S mit Tapatalk 2

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”