Brakes stuck?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
LucasDziesinski
Airman Basic

Re: Brakes stuck?

Post by LucasDziesinski »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Have you run the latest Accu-sim updater and also have you tried having none of your hardware plugged in to rule out the hardware?
I have run the latest (9/28) updater. I have not fully isolated the hardware as this issue does not happen with other aircraft.

Lucas

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Because it doesn't happen with other aircraft doesn't mean much as it can still be a controller issue. We by-pass much of the generic FSX components for correct simulation via the Accu-sim simulation engine.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LucasDziesinski
Airman Basic

Lewis - A2A wrote:Because it doesn't happen with other aircraft doesn't mean much as it can still be a controller issue. We by-pass much of the generic FSX components for correct simulation via the Accu-sim simulation engine.
Understood, I will give it a try later this weekend, thank you!

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I have had the resurgence of the sticky ground since P3D 2.3 too.

I can consistently replicate it by completely stopping the aircraft with full braking. It seems to be more prevalent on softer surfaces too. It's also not quite an on-off effect either.

Let's say I land at a short soft field and at the end of the strip I turn the plane around for a back-track which requires me to roll off the strip. I use too much differential braking and suddenly the plane sticks. I now have to apply extra power to start rolling but when I start rolling I have to keep that power on. The ground is suddenly stickier than before. When I finally get back on the strip, the stickyness either lessens or disappears (with a lurch).

So it seems like the ground friction and breakout forces are being calculate higher than they should be. It's also being triggered by hard braking. It happens on hard surfaces to but the calculated breakout force is so low that it's not an issue.

It does seem like the effect gets multiplied under certain conditions.

I will run the Simconnect installer again and report back.

LucasDziesinski
Airman Basic

Tiger_Walts wrote:I have had the resurgence of the sticky ground since P3D 2.3 too.

I can consistently replicate it by completely stopping the aircraft with full braking. It seems to be more prevalent on softer surfaces too. It's also not quite an on-off effect either.

Let's say I land at a short soft field and at the end of the strip I turn the plane around for a back-track which requires me to roll off the strip. I use too much differential braking and suddenly the plane sticks. I now have to apply extra power to start rolling but when I start rolling I have to keep that power on. The ground is suddenly stickier than before. When I finally get back on the strip, the stickyness either lessens or disappears (with a lurch).

So it seems like the ground friction and breakout forces are being calculate higher than they should be. It's also being triggered by hard braking. It happens on hard surfaces to but the calculated breakout force is so low that it's not an issue.

It does seem like the effect gets multiplied under certain conditions.

I will run the Simconnect installer again and report back.
I concur, thank you!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys,

when you get this can you please try cycling your parking brake to see if it breaks the stuck ground.

thanks,
Lewis

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I think I may have tried that in the past. The results were mixed. I'll give it a more formal test the next time.

This happens with default aircraft too but it seems far stickier in the A2A planes. Maybe P3D altered the ground friction in 2.3 and Accusim is now working with values whose expected range has now changed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey tiger,

make sure you are running the latest updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=41279

We changed things as much as we can from our end, any remaining issues will b3 either control issues at the users end or a friction issue/bug in P3D itself.

thanks,
Lewis

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

I already have the update installed but I've yet to perform the actions that seem to trigger it. I've neglected my Alaskan FBOs in FSE so I'll certainly get an opportunity soon.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”