Variometer inertia

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
lesnyborsuk
Airman

Variometer inertia

Post by lesnyborsuk »

Hi,

Anyone else noticed that there is no inertia in readings from variometer? I think it is just too accurate. I don't have real world hours on C172, but I am flying on C152 which do have a little "lag" in showing readings in variometer.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Variometer inertia

Post by Scott - A2A »

There is intertia in the climb / descent gauge. Just do a rapid move forward or back of the yoke, and while the plane is immediately pitching up or down, the needle lags behind this movement.

While the climb / descent gauge does lag, it shouldn't be that much. Next time we're up, we'll take a closer look to make sure we're simulating the right amount of inertia.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

There is some lag, but imo not enough...while i do not fly for real yet, i have passenger time on real planes and i have few videos of instruments... I think rw lag is more present as it is on any fsx aircraft... I have already developed a bad habbit of using vsi as main instrument for keeping altitude while i think i should concentrate on altimeter instead...?

On the anotherhand, for vfr atleast, it is much easier IRL to tell is the plane descenting or ascending without any instruments...using feel alone..

aprewett
Staff Sergeant

Post by aprewett »

Why can't some G-force annimation be added to the cockpit veiw. We already see shake, rattle and roll. It would be great to get some eye point movement.
A common complaint about Simming is its lack of feel and isnt this what A2A is all about?

Allan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

G-Force already is there via default FSX so long as you have head movement enabled in FSX. Also remember there are third party camera programs that deal with head movement.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aprewett
Staff Sergeant

Post by aprewett »

Thanks
Head movement enabled, I will have a look for it.
Allan

PS; the only thing I could find on Google, is the CFG.
I have these values;
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

Are you writing about another location where I can adjust the movement, thanks.
Allan

lesnyborsuk
Airman

Post by lesnyborsuk »

Scott - A2A wrote: While the climb / descent gauge does lag, it shouldn't be that much. Next time we're up, we'll take a closer look to make sure we're simulating the right amount of inertia.
Now that is attention to details, thanks!

Lukasz

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I've felt too that it is too snappy. Though I'm not referring specifically to the 172R's standard equipment variometer, of which I lack any experience. But generally though, the varios have some inherent, time-dependent error due to the way they work: when you begin a climb or descend, to display any given rate correctly, the variometer needs first to be displaced in altitude a distance proportional to the vertical speed it is subjected to. The whole indication depends on that the airplane has been displaced from a pressure altitude it has been before.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”