C172 P3D v2.3 New Install

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
blemoine
Airman Basic

C172 P3D v2.3 New Install

Post by blemoine »

Just installed new system (Win 7 with updates), A2A C172 P3D version with 7.15.14 update. At this point I cannot get the aircraft to work at all. It will not start, using the mouse to go through the startup process. I also can not get the Saitek Rudder/Yoke/Switch Panel/Radio Panel or BIP to work. I have installed FSUIPC 4.936 and SPAD 0.5.1. The default plane Bonanza A36 Carenado works without issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, this did not help. Anyone have any links to what they or anyone has used to get it working?

Also, After installing the Select Vehicle process is VERY slow to show a list.

Thank you for your help!

flaminghotsauce
Senior Airman

Re: C172 P3D v2.3 New Install

Post by flaminghotsauce »

As far as the Cessna, it's really hard to start anyway. Be sure you're not flooding the engine by only priming for two seconds.

AS for the FSUIPC, SPAD, and their respective black magic, this is what I fought for two days, and somehow managed to fix yesterday. I have both FSX and P3D and in trying to keep both operative, I've redownloaded the Saitek drivers as well. I must have had my mouth held just right, and the full moon is now waning, but I THINK the final order of installation of drivers was Saitek into FSX, then SPAD, then FSUIPC. FSUIPC and SPAD into P3D screwed up my panel ops in FSX. It should make zero difference, but I did this over an over and over on Saturday, then for hours yesterday. It finally clicked, and all my panels are working correctly, even the switches. I'm guessing there was an update to one of 'em. I thought I saw the same numbers on all the drivers when I redownloaded them, but it worked.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes it sounds like a control issue. Make sure you get those aspects working before moving to our simulation. Also remember to custom map the custom controls for the 172 simulation.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

blemoine
Airman Basic

Post by blemoine »

The issue with the C172 is nothing will power on, engine will not turn over at all. If I use the mouse or the Saitek panels they move but nothing happens.

When using the FSUIPC I have the controls working and moving and set. The Banana A36 works with no issues.

Not sure what to do next. I'm going to test the Carenado CT206H to see if it works.

Thank you again for helping!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I'd check your going over the basics. So make sure its all working in the maintenance hanger, make sure pre-flight check is all good before flicking any switches for initial engine start.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”