C172 Walkaround and hanger??? Where is it?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
cervelott
Airman

Post by cervelott »

Hi guys, sorry just new to Simulators and A2A. But where do I find the walk around and start up of the C172? I see it in the listed aircraft in FSX and have flown it in Freeflight but can't find it to preflight, etc...? Thanks in advance!

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: C172 Walkaround and hanger??? Where is it?

Post by Welsch »

Shift+7 should bring up maintenance hangar, shift+8 is starting the walkaround. Check out Shift+2 to 6 as well.

cervelott
Airman

Post by cervelott »

Where did you find that info? Is that in the free flight file? Just going to try it now.
Thanks!!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi cervalott,

Pages 92 to 102 of your 172 manual detail the 2d panels and talks about the walk around inspection as well as other details concerning aircraft handling, service and maintenance.

Edit: okay, wait. First, you should always start off with your default flight, which is the flight that comes up when you start freeflight. Click "fly now". I turn everything off, all the electrics, set the controls as I want them at this point. Then go to world/ go to airport and select the airport where you wish to be. Press ok. Go back to World/ Time and Season and set thise, press ok. Now go to Aircraft/select aircraft and choose your A2A Cessna. It should load up cold and dark if you turned everything off in the default flight. Now you can use the 2d panels to load passengers, fuel, oil, baggage, do your wal-around, etc.
I hope I haven't gone too far back to the beginning but it seemed you might be a little uncertain how to navigate through the FSX start menu.

JP
Last edited by Jacques on 13 Aug 2014, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

cervelott
Airman

Post by cervelott »

Thanks guys, found it all!
Boy this sim is impressive.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

glad you are enjoying the simulation. The technology you use at home is the same we license for the big certified flight training simulators hence the depth and realism you can enjoy. The manual is under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations. Have a read through the documentation to get a feel for things and theres also helpful posts like these;

C172 Avionics INFO and MANUALS
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=35579

A2A Avionics Video Tutorials
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=37093

Plus of course we are here on the forums with a great community to help with hints, tips, advice on all things flight sim and of course some cracking repaints and what not for the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”