Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Aviators

Re: Accu-Sim Update 01_24_2015 - DOWNLOAD * NEW *

Post by Aviators »

thanks! ;)

goughie
Airman First Class

Post by goughie »

Thanks for the latest core update, all went well, 1.5 / 2.5 megs per sec.

Great service as ever, thanks again to the A2A team!

Goughie

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

pilottj wrote:Thanks very much for the updates Scott. Having just invested in the full GTN combo, I am really looking forward to the GTN options for the 172, Cherokee and *hopefully GTN650 for Civ Mustang.

Cheers
TJ
maybe I am missing it, but I ahve not seen anything GTN related in change logs for 172 or cherokee.

Sorry I am holding off a bit the download, so I dont know.

Once AP fix is added, I will only DL the update

To SCOTT and team
As always, much appreciated your updates and willingness to still make changes to enhance our experience with your products.
Regards
JB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Accu-Sim Update 01_25_2015 - DOWNLOAD ***** NEW ***

Post by Scott - A2A »

We just posted an 01/25 update that fixed the 182 autopilot and Cherokee turn coordinator and comms transfer switch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Scott, I ran the latest Accu-Sim update this morning.

I have the Civ and Mil P-51, P-40, Spitfire and P-47 installed.

I just discovered that the aircraft.cfg for all 3 models of the P-47 were overwritten with an earlier version, so I had to update the [fltsim] entries for all my addon repaints. The Accu-Sim update did not create any backups of my aircraft.cfg files. No problems with the Spit or Mustang as there was no changes to the aircraft.cfg.

I haven't flown the P-47 yet to make sure all the flight parameters are as expected. I want to make sure there were no changes in flight dynamics, etc., that I need to be concerned with.

Can you take a look at your coding to ease my concerns??

Thanks

--WH
Last edited by WarHorse47 on 25 Jan 2015, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

When I ran the update it showed that I didn't have the 377 installed but it did find COTS and updated that. I ran it twice to be sure and it was the same both times. Should it not have seen the 377 since I have the COTS upgrade?

degeus
Airman First Class

Post by degeus »

Hello,
For organisational purposes I practically renamed all aircraft-folders and -titles. Also the ones I have from A2A. Now this update cannot find my aircraft. So I am disappointed.
I would like very much to have a set of files, aircraft, cfg's, airfoiles, models, textures etc that can be manually applied to the appropriate folders. I assume such a set is available and that you packaged those files for easy installation for the simple minded users that let aircaftfolders and -titles have names of providers in stead of types or manuafacturers. Thus making maintainability more difficult.
Hoping you can help me,
with kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

AviationAtWar wrote:When I ran the update it showed that I didn't have the 377 installed but it did find COTS and updated that. I ran it twice to be sure and it was the same both times. Should it not have seen the 377 since I have the COTS upgrade?
Does the same for me everytime but I think that is normal.

Steve

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

rc flyer wrote:
AviationAtWar wrote:When I ran the update it showed that I didn't have the 377 installed but it did find COTS and updated that. I ran it twice to be sure and it was the same both times. Should it not have seen the 377 since I have the COTS upgrade?
Does the same for me everytime but I think that is normal.

Steve
Yes this is normal. It even gives a warning at the top of the installer saying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denisy
Airman Basic

Post by Denisy »

Hey all,

First let me say that i simply love the work you guys do! Only addons as plane i have are yours and i am not flying anything else!

I got a small issue, or maybe i dont, not really sure. I just downloaded this update and also got the Civ P-51 today, i installed the P-51, installed the update and it did not found my Cessna 182 and did not found the civ P-51 also, am i doing something wrong?

P-51: 01/25/2015 # 97096
C-182: 01/06/2015 # 96576

Aviators

Post by Aviators »

great work! thanks

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

WarHorse47 wrote:Scott, I ran the latest Accu-Sim update this morning.

I have the Civ and Mil P-51, P-40, Spitfire and P-47 installed.

I just discovered that the aircraft.cfg for all 3 models of the P-47 were overwritten with an earlier version, so I had to update the [fltsim] entries for all my addon repaints. The Accu-Sim update did not create any backups of my aircraft.cfg files. No problems with the Spit or Mustang as there was no changes to the aircraft.cfg.

I haven't flown the P-47 yet to make sure all the flight parameters are as expected. I want to make sure there were no changes in flight dynamics, etc., that I need to be concerned with.

Can you take a look at your coding to ease my concerns??

Thanks

--WH
Same issue here with the P-47 - new aircraft.cfgs for all the models, and no backups. Would appreciate a safety check per WarHorse's request. Thanks!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Now, it might just be confirmation bias, but the P-51 near the stall feels AMAZING now. I don't know what exactly you changed with the "departed flight" physics, but in a tight, low-speed turn with the Mustang it's like I can really "feel" the lift starting to give way as the accelerated stall approaches. Incredible!

Also, Scott, don't know when you changed it (haven't been around much) but I'm really digging the new thumbnail.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I am sorry about the aircraft.cfg files not being backed up on the P-47 and I think some older airplanes. I'll fix this ASAP.
EnDSchultz wrote:Now, it might just be confirmation bias, but the P-51 near the stall feels AMAZING now. I don't know what exactly you changed with the "departed flight" physics, but in a tight, low-speed turn with the Mustang it's like I can really "feel" the lift starting to give way as the accelerated stall approaches. Incredible!
Yes, we're very happy with this enhanced feel on the edge too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

Sounds like great updates but I've been having technical difficulties installing them - I boot up the installer, and it detects I have Spitfire ver 2.0 installed, and installs 2.12 or 2.13 or whichever it is. Then it says Closing Processes and up pops a balloon saying I need to close process A2A_Jan_25 whatsit.exe to continue. I kill that process and it says it's installed but that ends the aircraft detection routine. I rerun and it informs me that Spitfire is version 2.0 still. I tried shutting down my Kaspersky antivirus since it's notorious for problems but still the same dilemma. The same if I cancel the installations and go on to the subsequent aircraft - they all still read back prior version.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated fellas. :-)
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”