C172 Landing Problem

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
k1fox
Airman Basic

C172 Landing Problem

Post by k1fox »

I have a problem landing the C172. With full flaps down, it has to be pitched down excessively and it is very sensitive to throttle increases. Small increases will cause it to bob back up in the air quickly. It also veers to the left excessively. I have accusim 2.0 and my realism sliders to the right as recommended. Is it supposed to fly like this.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: C172 Landing Problem

Post by Tigerclaw »

Quite surprised none has answered this.

What you describe is pretty normal, but maybe not quite fine tuned yet. A LOT of what you're experiencing is lack of experience in THIS particular model (meaning, every FSX addon model has it's quirks compared to others). It will get better as you, yourself, get used to the way it flies, and as A2A update the plane over time.

For now, search the forum on tips how to land the Cessna C172, there are many guides to read, and videos on youtube. And PRACTICE a lot to perfect the technique. It takes time, but practice is the key.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 Landing Problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Fly the simulator like an aircraft and its easy, fly it like all other simulators and you will be in trouble.

- Pre-flight; Make sure you preflight the aircraft, failure to do so could mean the end of your virtual life
- Check the payload manager to make sure you are within limits and fly accordingly
- Think subtle, for almost all stages of flight, don't yank the controls fly with touch as you would in the real aircraft
- Its a 172R. Theres a common mis-conception amongst simmers that a 172 is a 172 is a 172. This couldn't be further from the truth each variant has its little differences with the biggest changes being between the older pre-90's models against the reboot model. The Accu-sim C172 Trainer simulation is the reboot model, built in the 90's a 172R.

Have a look through our forums here, theres lots of thousand, hundred hour+ pilots who have posted hints and tips on getting the best out of the simulator.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”