Camguard and "Foggy Glare"

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
TomG628
Airman

Camguard and "Foggy Glare"

Post by TomG628 »

Hi,
I just purchased the Cessna 172 and am getting familiar and have been exploring different screens and windows. Two questions I have are first, the maintenance notes says I should add Camguard to my oil. I cannot find this option anywhere. Secondly, my out the windshield view shows a deep, cloudy, gray view or glare every time I start the sim, regardless of the position of the plane or the weather. (he exterior view shows beautiful clear weather.) Is this normal? Thanks. Tom

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Camguard and "Foggy Glare"

Post by Oracle427 »

Not sure about the Cam Guard option off the top of my head, but you will want to open the air vent, defoggers and also the pilot side window to get fresh air into the cockpit and to help stop condensation from forming on the glass.

In the winter don't bother with the pilot side window for realism and make sure you open the heating vent to defrost the windows.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Camguard is in the maint hanger under oils, then addiditve, will have to click on additive to add it :D and yes those windows will darn sure fog up, so get the air moving :shock:

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

open the window and start the big fan :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Tom,

welcome to the forums, I'm not sure on exactly when you purchased but just in case it wasn't recently you will want to make sure you update to the latest version to make sure you have all the updates and free upgrades. As of the date of this post that can be found here;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 23&t=40084

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TomG628
Airman

Post by TomG628 »

Thanks for the help, guys.
Regarding the foggy windshield, wow-that sure is realism!
Lewis,
I purchased on June 7. Where do I find the version number of my current installation? Also, I remember only one zip file that I installed and said it was successful. The link you sent above that shows Accusim ver 2.0 shows a three step process - Aircraft, Acu-Sim, and then the update. Does this update install right over the current one? Thanks again. Regards. Tom

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi Tom,

The C-172 download is the original release version so you will need the core update v2.0.

As far as the 3-step process, for all previous Accu-Sim birds, Accu-Sim was a separate purchase\download. The C-172 and Cherokee have Accu-Sim included in their download.

Welcome to the community.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

TomG628
Airman

Post by TomG628 »

Thanks Jim!
Regards, Tom

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”