Walk around tip of the day

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
J van E
Staff Sergeant

Walk around tip of the day

Post by J van E »

Maybe some of you already know this but I didn't. I love doing the walk around but somehow I don't like having to press that very little > to move to the next step (or < to move to the previous one): having to move the mouse from the bottom of the walk around screen to the top and back again sort of breaks the flow of things. Yes, I know, it's a minor annoyance. :wink:

Anyway, I just discovered (why didn't I try this with the C172 before!) that when you open the walk around window with Shift-8 you can from then on use the A key (the default key for switching views within a certain view category) to move to the next step!!! This way you can constantly keep your mouse over the icons at the bottom to check things! To me this little 'feature' really makes the walk around nicer to do. And it speeds up the process too. Btw you can also use Shift-A to move back to the previous step(s)!

Again, it's a small thing but sometimes small things can mean a lot. :wink:

catmar1944
Airman First Class

Re: Walk around tip of the day

Post by catmar1944 »

J van E wrote:Maybe some of you already know this but I didn't. I love doing the walk around but somehow I don't like having to press that very little > to move to the next step (or < to move to the previous one): having to move the mouse from the bottom of the walk around screen to the top and back again sort of breaks the flow of things. Yes, I know, it's a minor annoyance. :wink:

Anyway, I just discovered (why didn't I try this with the C172 before!) that when you open the walk around window with Shift-8 you can from then on use the A key (the default key for switching views within a certain view category) to move to the next step!!! This way you can constantly keep your mouse over the icons at the bottom to check things! To me this little 'feature' really makes the walk around nicer to do. And it speeds up the process too. Btw you can also use Shift-A to move back to the previous step(s)!

Good tip many thanks I'll give it a go.

catmar1944
Airman First Class

Post by catmar1944 »

Oops forgot to try out "A" I'll do it next time. Thanks again for the tip, as I do have "A" set up with EZDOK I'll assume it will work okay.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there J van E , thanks for the tip. I will try it next time I use the 172.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

catmar1944
Airman First Class

Post by catmar1944 »

J van E wrote:Maybe some of you already know this but I didn't. I love doing the walk around but somehow I don't like having to press that very little > to move to the next step (or < to move to the previous one): having to move the mouse from the bottom of the walk around screen to the top and back again sort of breaks the flow of things. Yes, I know, it's a minor annoyance. :wink:

Works great thanks

Clive

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”