Can't get C172 to work in P3D2.2 [Solved]

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
Holy Cheese
Airman Basic

Can't get C172 to work in P3D2.2 [Solved]

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi gents,

further to advice in another thread, I installed the C172 into P3D2.2 by placing a copy of FSX.exe into the root folder of P3D2.2. This installed without a problem and I was able to ake a short light ok.

I then installed the Accusim core update v1.6, which offered a P3D v2 installer, and also seemed to install ok. However, when I start up P3D2.2 and select the C172 and then change my airport to LSZR, the sim loads to 100%, presents me with a black screen for a couple of seconds and then closes without any error message. If I start the sim and select a default aircraft first, it loads ok. I can then change to the C172, but it immediately shuts down the engine, and I am left with no controllers active apart from the mouse yoke (I have a Saitek yoke, an extra Saitek throttle quadrant and Saitek pedals). Prior to installing the C172 I had no problems.

Can anyone offer any help or clues?

Thanks
Jack

Holy Cheese
Airman Basic

Re: Can't get C172 to work in P3D2.2

Post by Holy Cheese »

Please ignore.

I re-installed the Accusim core, this time selecting the landing lights not to illuminate ground, and the aircraft loads ok again.

Have still lost my controllers however.

Cheers
Jack

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Holy Cheese wrote:Please ignore.

I re-installed the Accusim core, this time selecting the landing lights not to illuminate ground, and the aircraft loads ok again.

Have still lost my controllers however.

Cheers
Jack

Somewhere on the P3D forums, there is a thread that states that due to some changes in P3DV2.2, you may have to go into "Controls" and reassign all the settings. I had to do this and all is well!

Hope this helps a bit.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Holy Cheese
Airman Basic

Post by Holy Cheese »

Problem solved by unplugging and replugging the USB cable for the Saitek gear.

Thanks
Jack

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”