A word to the a2a staff that developed the C172

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
cessnaman
Airman First Class

A word to the a2a staff that developed the C172

Post by cessnaman »

I've been wanting to say this since I bought the C172 and never really had the time till now. (busy work on the resto of my 70 rtse Challebger so just recently was able to get back to simming) Anyway's, I want thank you for creating the fine aircraft. I was doing flight training and I had to stop do to finances. This was about 3 years ago. I did get to solo and did a couple of cross countries. I thought using the flight sim would help keep me from losing what I actually learned flying and it did to a certain degree, but when your C172 came out I felt like I was actually learning something again. with all the accuracy your aircraft has I am now able to keep myself in good practice with the reality of flying. For example, It sure is nice to be able to do a preflight of the airplane and be able to do actual weight and balance. Sure I could do weight and balance with other aircrafts, but with yours I can do it and see the actual benifit or loss to proper weight and balance. Maybe I'm imagining it, but if I have more fuel in on tank, I can notice the lateral unbalance of the airplane which causes a wing heaviness. At least now with your airplane I can keep up with flying skill and I'm hoping one day to be able to back into the real airplane. My goal was to restore my car which I brought back in 1983 for $1,200 and then sell and get back into flying, but after all the sweat blood and tears (more like anger) LOL, I want to keep it for a while and drive and show it. Got it almost back to factory condition. Then I may send it to my son. to have. He's got a 2010 Challenger and says he'd like mine. So maybe when I retire (in a few years) I can save the money to get back into flying. In the mean time I can keep up to date and certian skills refreshed with the C172 until then. If only my CH yoke and pedals had more of a realistic response it would be perfect.

Thanks again for the great realistic aircraft

Gabe

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”