A2A C172 Dynamic Rain Effects - Not Showing Effects

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Dane SimAir
Airman

A2A C172 Dynamic Rain Effects - Not Showing Effects

Post by Dane SimAir »

It's probably me but I am not getting the rain effects on my C172 windows. Could someone help me please.

I downloaded the .zip file and followed the PDF instructions as to where to manually place the three files

- [VcockpitXX] at the end of my Panel.cfg file and in my case I changed the XX to 07 as that was the next in sequence.
[Vcockpit07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=2048,2048
visible=0
pixel_size=2048,2048
texture=$rain
gauge00=A2A_Windshield!main,0,0,0,0
texture00=Windshield, 0,0,2048,2048

- The Windshield.ini file was placed in the root folder of the aircraft. D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172

- The A2A_Windshield.dll file was placed in the aircraft’s panel folder. D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel

Regards,
Dane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A C172 Dynamic Rain Effects - Not Showing Effects

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dane,

The downloadable Dynamic Rain Effects pack in the store is for use by add-on developers only. As noted in the description "this is for use by developers only and cannot be added to aircraft by the end user." Aircraft developers need to make changes to the aircraft model (.MDL) file itself to add these effects.

However, we have also just released an update for the Accu-Sim C172 for Prepar3D v4 which adds the same rain effect to its virtual cockpit. For more information on how to get this update, please refer to this pinned topic.

I recommend that you undo the changes you mentioned above before you download the update. Just deleting the Windshield.ini and A2A_Windshield.dll file should do the trick.

Thanks,
Nick

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Dane,

The downloadable Dynamic Rain Effects pack in the store is for use by add-on developers only. As noted in the description "this is for use by developers only and cannot be added to aircraft by the end user." Aircraft developers need to make changes to the aircraft model (.MDL) file itself to add these effects.

However, we have also just released an update for the Accu-Sim C172 for Prepar3D v4 which adds the same rain effect to its virtual cockpit. For more information on how to get this update, please refer to this pinned topic.

I recommend that you undo the changes you mentioned above before you download the update. Just deleting the Windshield.ini and A2A_Windshield.dll file should do the trick.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick!!!
I just knew that it was my bad, I guess I was so excited to hear this news that I didn't read your very plain instructions - sorry.

I will now follow what you have told me.

Regards,
Dane

Dane SimAir
Airman

Post by Dane SimAir »

dane wrote:
Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Dane,

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick!!!
I just knew that it was my bad, I guess I was so excited to hear this news that I didn't read your very plain instructions - sorry.

I will now follow what you have told me.

Regards,
Dane
Nick - I just want to say thank you again and also want to say that the rain effect on the A2A C172 is simply amazing.
Look forward to being able to apply this effect to other aircraft both from A2A as well as others

Regards,
Dane

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dane - you're very welcome. Happy to hear you're enjoying the rain effects too. :)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”