C172 printable checklist

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Shousa
Senior Airman

Re: C172 printable checklist

Post by Shousa »

Hi Erik

I have 2 requests for you:

1) could you please reupload the checklist ? (I only just bought the cessna and I love printed checklists)

2) could I please have a copy of the source code for the Android app of this ?
I am just learning how to make android apps using a udemy course and would love to learn by adjusting this checklist, just mucking around really. Looks like you used fragments to get the menu on the left? (I haven't tried fragments yet but I am keen to try).

OO concepts have me somewhat baffled though. I can pass variables from one activity to another and they work but although I can do it I don't really understand what I am doing, casting edit-texts and parsing floats in the receiving activity for mysterious reasons with OO unfathomable formatted programming (well I half-get most of it but am confused by anonymous classes for example) if you know what I mean? Would be nice to have true globals for small projects.

Only if you can find the time and inclination...I would be most grateful even for just item 1 because it may be a true hassle to upload source code and take some time (even if you wanted to do it, which you may not ;) . In addition I am using Android Studio not Eclipse so maybe an issue there as well?)

erikx
Airman First Class

Post by erikx »

Hi folks,

Just reinstalled the dropbox link since it appeared dead.

Regards erikx

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Hey all, tonight I typed up the original posters checklist into Word, and used a kneeboard friendly format. (5.5x8.5 to be exact)

This really helps keep things neat by having smaller pages to flip and find a place for! I also really enjoyed using paper checklists as using any SHIFT+X panels at night result in a blinding sight.

Also I found extremely useful for training, is the inclusion of emergency procedures. I can now add to my training by following the emergency procedures in the checklist and practicing them.

If you have 5.5x8.5 paper, you can directly print these onto the paper. (Portrait mode)

Included with the google drive link, are a PDF for easy viewing / printing and a .docx word document in case you would like to download it and edit it before printing.

https://goo.gl/My4Kih
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

I agree that checklists are a great idea. I have added more details about mine in the P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian) / P-51D cockpit build topic but here is a quick pic.

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

[quote="Raceguy"]I agree that checklists are a great idea. I have added more details about mine in the P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian) / P-51D cockpit build topic but here is a quick pic.

Take care
Ed

Very nice! Where did you get your paper from? I'm finding all sorts of different half page paper online (5.5x8.5)
Also nice binder too!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Hi crippy

I have had my paper for many years from when I printed my own custom pages. It was made for the Franklin Covey planners, yeah, I'm that old and used paper planners, but, I was one of the first at my company to buy my own electronic device. This was when cell phones were phones. I just looked on their site but cannot find this paper. It would probably be easier to get and use 5.5 x 8.5 half pages as I had to plan the page orientation carefully or it would be upside down. :roll:

The binder is nothing fancy. Here is a link to one similar to mine.

https://www.staples.com/1-2-Staples-Sta ... uct_580932

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”