ADF (NDB) Frequencies

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Re: ADF (NDB) Frequencies

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi bliksimpie,

I have no problem switching ADF frequencies in flight and picking up the signal. Silly question but you are switching the new frequency to active. :)

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

I tried recieving the Southampton ADF (391.5), even with fsuipc "AutoTuneAdf=Yes" on, but it didn't 't work...
The UK is full of ndb's with the decimal part...

David
Cheers,
David DD

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

renaissanceman wrote:Hi bliksimpie,

I have no problem switching ADF frequencies in flight and picking up the signal. Silly question but you are switching the new frequency to active. :)

Jim

thanks mate, yes I definately change the freq to active.

OK more testing then for me.
Regards
JB

apshift
Airman Basic

Post by apshift »

I just installed the 172 and it's really impressive. Many thanks. I too learnt to fly in one from Denham.

I have spent over an hour trying to tune VORs and NDB's and reading the various work-arounds.

THEN JUST NOW I DISCOVERED HOW TO DO IT! LEFT CLICK AND HOLD ON THE KNOBS AND FINGER THE MOUSE WHEEL TO INCREASE OR DECREASE. SIMPLES!

Has this been fixed in the last two days or was it always like this?

Hey! Through hard work to the stars!

logion
Airman Basic

Post by logion »

Any update on this? Is the only work-around buying FSUIPC for its autotune ADB function? Belgium has alot of NDBs with xxx.5 kHz frequencies so this inability to select NDB frequencies not ending on decimal zero is pretty annoying (since certain Belgian airports actually use NDBs for IFR departures).

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello logion

Which update are you running. Make sure you grab the latest you can change things via the 2D panel also some further changes for 1.7 will be coming. 1.7 is currently in testing.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

logion
Airman Basic

Post by logion »

Hi Lewis,

I'm running 1.6. I've actually already tried the 2D panel, in the lower right corner you can select between 1 or 10 which let you tune the ADF frequency in 1 and 10 kHz respectively. However, I didn't find a way to tune it to 0.1 kHz using both the virtual cockpit and the 2D panel. Is A2A looking to solve this problem in the 1.7 release? Any other workarounds that you can recommend in the meantime?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes 1.7 will change the last part for the 2D panel. The issue we have is that we have replicated the units to the Nth degree, meaning that now it shows FSX warts. In FSX you have to tune the exact freq whereas in reality you simply get close as many units such as those modeled don't allow for the tuning required in FSX.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

As a real world example of this, NDB receivers only go down to 200kHz here in the UK, normally. I believe that down to 190kHz is now the standard in the US, but even with the older 200kHz limited receivers, we could tune to 200kHz, the needle would swing to the BBC transmitter at Droitwich and we could pull out the identity knob and cruise around listening to BBC Radio 4 on "198 Long Wave".

That's a 2kHz difference, not a .5kHz difference. ;)

Ian P.

anthonye
Senior Airman

Post by anthonye »

Was there ever a workaround for not being able to set the decimal point for the NDB, as some in the UK as mentioned have a decimal point.

I tried to do it with the "Remote Virtual Cockpit" app on the ipad. It wont even allow for any adjustment freq to it, but the other radios are adjustable fine.

Anthony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

anthonye wrote:Was there ever a workaround for not being able to set the decimal point for the NDB, as some in the UK as mentioned have a decimal point.
Anthony - you should be able to do this via the shift+6 'quick radios' 2-D pop-up paenl.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

anthonye
Senior Airman

Post by anthonye »

Nick M wrote:
anthonye wrote:Was there ever a workaround for not being able to set the decimal point for the NDB, as some in the UK as mentioned have a decimal point.
Anthony - you should be able to do this via the shift+6 'quick radios' 2-D pop-up paenl.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick, I never even thought of that, my problem now over.
Great........

Anthony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad it helped Anthony. :) I think if you toggle between active and standby ADF frequencies any .05 setting will be retained (just not visible) so that would be a way to avoid having to use the shift+6 panel more than once per session. You just need to try and remember which of the two frequencies you've assigned the .05 to...

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”