REQUESTED PAINTS

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
joespeed52
Senior Airman

Re: REQUESTED PAINTS

Post by joespeed52 »

Hello, and I was wondering if anyone could do a paint of this 172F, 8667U, or 67U. I would appreciate it, as I've had the privilege of flying it with the owner, out of Farmers Pride airport in PA where I fly. It is a really cool old airplane, and seeing it in FS would make my heart stop. As always, I appreciate the community around FS and the happiness that results.
http://flightaware.com/photos/view/5620 ... te/page/16
http://flightaware.com/photos/view/2903 ... ate/page/4
http://fotodj.com/elements/2014/EAA%20A ... 1_454.html

Sorry I don't have any photos and that they're all links. But hey, what can 'ya do?
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

Sooooo, what? Does nobody pay attention to this post anymore? Not being annoying, just wondering why I haven't gotten a reply in days.
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

joespeed52 wrote:Sooooo, what? Does nobody pay attention to this post anymore? Not being annoying, just wondering why I haven't gotten a reply in days.

I do....But, I am not available to paint right now because of a software issue with PhotoShop CS6. In other words....somebody swiped my air compressor.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

Al FR-153 wrote:somebody swiped my air compressor.
Al
Well, I hope you can get a replacement, because you do such nice work.

Kaida
Airman

Post by Kaida »

I had a custom paint scheme of the 172 I flew in real life done for the update before this most recent one. And now that paint no longer works on my bird. :(

Can I ask someone to please do me a redo in the modern layout for N20262?

I'd love to have my plane back. Thanks!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Kaida wrote:I had a custom paint scheme of the 172 I flew in real life done for the update before this most recent one. And now that paint no longer works on my bird. :(

Can I ask someone to please do me a redo in the modern layout for N20262?

I'd love to have my plane back. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that you will find that you still have your custom paint. When an update is done, the aircraft config file is often worked over, however, a back-up of the old one is retained in the A2A directory (Your Flight Sim Directory/A2A/Cessna 172/BACKUP/aircraft.cfg)......Find your paint job, cut and paste it to your current and active aircraft.cfg file and you will be back in business. If you need additional help, PM me.

Al
Al Heline

Kaida
Airman

Post by Kaida »

You misunderstand. The UV was remapped in the new update.

My paint:

The new map that came with the last update.

My paint literally does not work with the model any longer. And I lack the skills to paint a rock with a single colour. lol

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

PM sent to Kaida.

Al
Al Heline

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

C172_T.dds (your first paint shown) is for the default FSX C172, as far as I can tell. Just compared it to the paints on my installation.

There has been no change to the paintkit of the A2A C172 that I am aware of. All my old repaints from way back are in the format you show as second paint (c172_t.dds) and still work. Notice also that the upper case spelling of the first paint you show matches the upper case writing of the default Cessna paint (as opposed to the all lower case writing for the A2A paints).

Kaida
Airman

Post by Kaida »

The only aircraft I have that paint scheme for is the A2A 172. It has worked for 75 flight hours just fine. As you can see by my screencap of the aircraft, the A2A brunette female pilot is sitting at the wheel, and you can see the Cub pilot's head peeking out next to her.

The texture map sure looks different. And it once worked, and now does not.

Thank you all for your attention in this matter.

EDIT -- super strange... it IS the paint layout for the default 172. Strange that it has worked all this time. The archived backup of the texture has that layout. Why did it work? I am SO confused.

Kaida
Airman

Post by Kaida »

The nice man who painted her for me still had the archived files. I have my beloved 262 back! Thanks for the help, sorry for the confusion.

Now to figure out where I got and why I have the paint for the default, which I will never fly again. :D

Blue skies, y'all!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Chris..... I'll do N4302P for you but it will be a day or so before I can start on her.

Al
Al Heline

Chris_172Reims
Airman

Post by Chris_172Reims »

:wink: Thank you

Chris_172Reims
Airman

Post by Chris_172Reims »