Accu-sim C172 Trainer - Paintkit

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Dimus
Airman First Class

Re: Accu-sim C172 Trainer - Paintkit

Post by Dimus »

Dimus wrote:3rd post in a row...

You guys may have seen this but if you want your registration to show in the cockpit you have to also edit c172_c3.dds, the panel texture. Otherwise they are all N990CP. This one is in DXT1 format.
I have to take this back. I did add this texture in my repaint folder, edited to show my SX-AEW on the panel but it still shows N990CP whatever paint I chose. Any ideas?
ImageImageImage

skyhawk
Senior Airman

Post by skyhawk »

Dimus wrote:

You guys may have seen this but if you want your registration to show in the cockpit you have to also edit c172_c3.dds, the panel texture. Otherwise they are all N990CP. This one is in DXT1 format.
I have to take this back. I did add this texture in my repaint folder, edited to show my SX-AEW on the panel but it still shows N990CP whatever paint I chose. Any ideas?

Dimus
There is a nice feature with this one. Simply open the aircraft.cfg and edit the line atc_id=SX-AEW 8)
Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 standard/P3D v4.5/v5/Win10/ASUS Z67 I7 2600K 4.4 GHz (OC)/32GB DDR3 1600MHZ/msi GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Dimus
Airman First Class

Post by Dimus »

skyhawk wrote:
Dimus wrote:

Dimus
There is a nice feature with this one. Simply open the aircraft.cfg and edit the line atc_id=SX-AEW 8)
Thanks Gunnar. That's what I though at first and already did, but with no joy either. I'll check again...

edit: checked again and in all repaints, including the default A2A ones the registration in the cockpit shows N990CP, regardless of what the entry is at the atc_id line in the aircraft.cfg. Am I the only one with this issue? Maybe move the the tech support forum with this?

further edit: The registration changed only after changing it from within the FSX aircraft selection screen (in the "details" screen). Still not sure if this is the only way so any input is appreciated.
ImageImageImage

Dimus
Airman First Class

Post by Dimus »

Also the patch did cure the landing light glass mapping issue as promised by Michal. SX-AEW with full tinted glass will be posted soon. Also the -AWD with a strip of tint on the top only:

Thanks Michal!
ImageImageImage

skyhawk
Senior Airman

Post by skyhawk »

Dimus
Thanks Gunnar. That's what I though at first and already did, but with no joy either. I'll check again...

edit: checked again and in all repaints, including the default A2A ones the registration in the cockpit shows N990CP, regardless of what the entry is at the atc_id line in the aircraft.cfg. Am I the only one with this issue? Maybe move the the tech support forum with this?

further edit: The registration changed only after changing it from within the FSX aircraft selection screen (in the "details" screen). Still not sure if this is the only way so any input is appreciated.

In addition, please try to edit the ui_variation="SX-AEW". Both my atc_id and ui_variation shows the ID of the aircraft.
Good to see the landing/taxi glass issue being solved 8)
Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 standard/P3D v4.5/v5/Win10/ASUS Z67 I7 2600K 4.4 GHz (OC)/32GB DDR3 1600MHZ/msi GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Uly5
Airman

Post by Uly5 »

I found the reason why the Paint Kit has missing parts in the "Ambient Occlusion" layer when using Gimp. It has to do with the Layer being set as "Multiply" when I set the layer to "Normal" the Black area's for the landing gear re appear but the Oil marks disappear. I'd say Gimp has a different way to Handle the "Multiply" layer than does Photoshop.

The Work around for Gimp users is to Download the Paint.net Paint kit, convert the Paint.net Paint Kit to Psd format (You'll need Paint.net or a program that will load .Pdn files and then convert that to .Psd).

Also you'll need to get the .dds plugin for Gimp if you want to convert it to .dds in Gimp.

I am now happily painting my A2A C172 in Gimp 2.8.6.

Hope that helps any Gimp users out there :-)

Cheers

Uly

jimmyrfr
Airman

Post by jimmyrfr »

I've been spending far too much time with the paint kit this past week or so and learning a ton as I go. However, the one single thing I could wish for, if it were possible, would be a 'clean' paint kit. I would admit, it would make me a happy, happy man. :D

Which in retrospect, is probably kind of sad. :?

nanamunski
Airman Basic

Post by nanamunski »

loving the c172 trainer!
http://youtu.be/ErXjCvttgfo
one of my flights

miloguy
Airman

Post by miloguy »

Hi guys,
just got this great little plane ,
I used to use a program called fs repaint, but that has decided to cark itself..

trying photo shop v10 but does my head in, I can do a basic repaint via ms paint and then load up into
DTXbpm but I just cant get it to show up in fsx...
I made a folder for the texture to go into , ie in where your planes go..
but I am so lost.. read some things hear and there but its doing my head in

im trying to do it like in the planes I did before using fs repaint http://www.miloaviation.com/
just wish programs would work!
I have windows 7 , thanks guys.. love some of your repaints !!

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

miloguy wrote:Hi guys,
just got this great little plane ,
I used to use a program called fs repaint, but that has decided to cark itself..

trying photo shop v10 but does my head in, I can do a basic repaint via ms paint and then load up into
DTXbpm but I just cant get it to show up in fsx...
I made a folder for the texture to go into , ie in where your planes go..
but I am so lost.. read some things hear and there but its doing my head in

im trying to do it like in the planes I did before using fs repaint http://www.miloaviation.com/
just wish programs would work!
I have windows 7 , thanks guys.. love some of your repaints !!
Could be for a number of reasons - bad directory setup, incorrect aircraft.cfg entry or textures saved in the wrong format.

Are you sure the entry/info in aircraft.cfg is correct? Also - if you have FSX open and running any other A2A C172, then your new repaint (or changes to it) won't show. FSX will have locked the files. You have to select a totally different aircraft (ie. not an A2A C172), copy over your changes, then re-select your own 172.

I always start by duplicating an existing livery and amending the aircraft.cfg file (making sure the title and texture folder are different/unique and the [fltsim.xx] entry is +1 of the last/previous livery.

You'll see a duplicate thumbnail to begin with, but that's easily changed. After that, edit and gradually replace the individual texture files one by one, bearing in mind the above - about having a different a/c active in FSX or you won't be able to overwrite the texture files.

This way, you have a working aircraft to begin with and if you stuff up a texture, you'll still have a working aircraft and know which texture is the problem.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

miloguy
Airman

Post by miloguy »

thanks , I'll try working on a duplicate plane..

Tiger_Walts
Senior Airman

Post by Tiger_Walts »

Uly5 wrote:I found the reason why the Paint Kit has missing parts in the "Ambient Occlusion" layer when using Gimp. It has to do with the Layer being set as "Multiply" when I set the layer to "Normal" the Black area's for the landing gear re appear but the Oil marks disappear. I'd say Gimp has a different way to Handle the "Multiply" layer than does Photoshop.

The Work around for Gimp users is to Download the Paint.net Paint kit, convert the Paint.net Paint Kit to Psd format (You'll need Paint.net or a program that will load .Pdn files and then convert that to .Psd).

Also you'll need to get the .dds plugin for Gimp if you want to convert it to .dds in Gimp.

I am now happily painting my A2A C172 in Gimp 2.8.6.

Hope that helps any Gimp users out there :-)

Cheers

Uly
I did the following and it 'looks' OK.

Move the 'Ambient Occlusion' layer down to the bottom of the 'Don't Paint' group
Change the 'Ambient Occlusion' layer's mode to 'Burn'
Change the 'Don't Paint' group's mode to 'Burn'

Looks fine to me, but someone who knows what they are looking for could give it a go and report back.

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

Hey, i downloaded the package, and the c172_t.psd appears to be the N7274H one, is this supposed to be like that? Is there an empty one?

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

domini99 wrote:Hey, i downloaded the package, and the c172_t.psd appears to be the N7274H one, is this supposed to be like that? Is there an empty one?
It's been a while since I looked at these files ... but ... do you have Photoshop? Can you see all the layers? It sounds like you've opened the file in something else and it's flattened the image into one layer <?>.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Sticks nose in. The .psd file contains the registration N7274H as a 'remainder'. Click on the eye symbol next to it and it disappears leaving you with a clean sheet. When you do your own paint, make a new Group and add your new layers to that group. Hope that helps. :)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”