DME...?

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
J van E
Staff Sergeant

DME...?

Post by J van E »

Haven't bought the plane yet (hopefully will have the time to do so this evening) but I am reading posts saying people would like to have a DME in the plane... but from the Avionics preview topic I understood there IS a DME...? Isn't there? I usually fly without GPS and VOR and NDB's and I really need a DME there... Or is that DME only missing when you have a GPS installed...? Just curious.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: DME...?

Post by Molly - A2A »

J van E wrote:Or is that DME only missing when you have a GPS installed...?
Worry not, it has DME just not with the in-panel GPS selected.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

To clarify: it is only missing with the built-in GNS 400. It is available on the "NO GPS" and the "GPS295" avionics variant.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

The standard no-GPS layout (including the 'extended' version with the portable 295 attached to the side window) comes with a DME unit at the bottom of the stack. All other layouts (RA's own GNS400 and RXP GNS430/GNS530) come without DME.

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Ah, great, thanks!

N6722c
Staff Sergeant

Post by N6722c »

Does it make sense to have an option to have BOTH the DME AND the GNS 400 GPS, and ditch the ADF. ?

ie Have option with GNS 400 GPS to switch between having the ADF & the DME.

Would really like all 3 (sigh), but if forced, would like the GNS 400 GPS + DME ( and no ADF)
=====

What would be REALLY nice, if if A2A wee to cut out another Avionics bay, to the right of the existing one, and bank it off with Gauge Blank Panels. Then users could place whatever extra Avionics they wanted, into those standard size slots :)

ie Users can customize that 2nd Avionics bay, as long as A2A Cuts it out in the 1st place.
Geoff

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Sorry to bump an old post, but I would really second that idea of another avionics bay.

Here in Germany, in order to fly IFR legally, the aircraft has to be equipped with a B-RNAV capable GPS, a DME, a second barometric altimeter and an ADF receiver, plus all the other instruments that are already installed with the GNS400.

So this would really help to fly as real as it gets :-)

Regards
Oliver

Oliver Branaschky

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”