The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 pm 
Airman First Class

All I can think of saying right now is WOW.

I have been flying FSX for as long as it has been out, and I can say, after flying the Accusim C172 this week my whole flight sim world has changed.

Realism this good in flight simulator x? I never thought it was possible, but now it is, and I love it!

The Cessna is amazing, and as expected, it is just like flying the real thing!
The only tiny problem I have encountered so far is the trim wheel takes a wee while to travel to the desired location using keyboard keys, and because of this the auto pilot tends to massively over correct, putting the plane in a dive if human input is not soon put in.
But who needs autopilot when you can get the thing to fly perfectly by itself with a bit of know-how?

Anyway

Thank you to the A2A team for making this possible, I look forward to seeing what becomes of this awesome Accusim engine in the years to come, and I will be flying more of your aircraft in the future for sure!!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Hello and welcome to the forums,

glad you are enjoying the simulation. Don't forget to add the latest updates using the updater here;
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm 
Airman First Class

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forums,

glad you are enjoying the simulation. Don't forget to add the latest updates using the updater here;
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Thank you! Does it automatically install updates after I install this, or does a new installer come out after every update?

Last edited by Corsair015 on Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm 
A2A Captain

Hi Corsair015,

Corsair015 wrote:
The only tiny problem I have encountered so far is the trim wheel takes a wee while to travel to the desired location using keyboard keys (...)
Once you've run the Accu-Sim update as Lewis suggested, if you open the "C172 Input Configurator" from the Windows Start Menu → A2A Simulations group, it will give you the option to assign keyboard keys or hardware buttons to the "yoke trim up" and "yoke trim down" functions. You should find trimming with this option much more responsive, and the trim rate is actually a close match to the manual electric trim rate in the real aircraft.

You can even use this tool to assign exactly the same keys that you already use for pitch trim in FSX, without changing your existing keyboard assignment in FSX.

Thanks,
Nick

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm 
Airman First Class

Nick - A2A wrote:
Hi Corsair015,

Corsair015 wrote:
The only tiny problem I have encountered so far is the trim wheel takes a wee while to travel to the desired location using keyboard keys (...)
Once you've run the Accu-Sim update as Lewis suggested, if you open the "C172 Input Configurator" from the Windows Start Menu → A2A Simulations group, it will give you the option to assign keyboard keys or hardware buttons to the "yoke trim up" and "yoke trim down" functions. You should find trimming with this option much more responsive, and the trim rate is actually a close match to the manual electric trim rate in the real aircraft.

You can even use this tool to assign exactly the same keys that you already use for pitch trim in FSX, without changing your existing keyboard assignment in FSX.

Thanks,
Nick

Awesome, thanks! Although it doesnt register Page up or down as a key option

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:04 am 
Master Sergeant

Hi,

Try to assign two buttons on your joystick for the trim wheel in the configurator. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 am 
VIP Partner

Over ten years ago I happened to get a hold of some of Shockwave's (A2A's former name) aircraft, and fell in love. This was before Accusim, or anything of the sort, mind you. That being said there was a certain love that went into each aircraft, and I was hooked. They were doing things that nobody else was doing, and I noticed that almost nobody gave them credit for it (first collimated gunsight I believe). Anyways, Scott asked me randomly one day to make the video for their upcoming B-17 which featured the new 3D lights, which was their first true FSX product. I jumped at the chance, and the rest is history. I was lucky enough to watch the birth of Accusim with the 377, saw their first GA aircraft, and generally have been either a passive or active member of the team ever since. Almost everyone that works here was a fan of the work, and was asked to join the team. I don't really think anything has changed, as we are all still extremely passionate fans.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 am 
Airman First Class

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Over ten years ago I happened to get a hold of some of Shockwave's (A2A's former name) aircraft, and fell in love. This was before Accusim, or anything of the sort, mind you. That being said there was a certain love that went into each aircraft, and I was hooked. They were doing things that nobody else was doing, and I noticed that almost nobody gave them credit for it (first collimated gunsight I believe). Anyways, Scott asked me randomly one day to make the video for their upcoming B-17 which featured the new 3D lights, which was their first true FSX product. I jumped at the chance, and the rest is history. I was lucky enough to watch the birth of Accusim with the 377, saw their first GA aircraft, and generally have been either a passive or active member of the team ever since. Almost everyone that works here was a fan of the work, and was asked to join the team. I don't really think anything has changed, as we are all still extremely passionate fans.

True, so true