Staff Sergeant

Re: С172 flight dynamics FSX vs P3D

Post by ilya1502 »

- deleted -

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

It looks like I have found the root of my problem. It turned out to be the FSUIPC, to be more precise, my misuse of it. I had my axes set as "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" and almost in despair I just tried to re-assign them as "Send to FS as normal axes". This made everything as it should have been! Man, there was a hell of a difference! All my A2A aircraft now fly as they should, I recognize my lovely, benign, docile and satisfying Cessna 172!

I have deleted the contents of my previous post, because it was written under too much emotion and it doesn't reflect the truth anymore. I have a forgiveness to ask of everyone whom I could have offended by it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Ilya. I did read your original post and was considering what might be a tactful response, but happy to see you've found the apparent culprit in the meantime. :)

For what it's worth, I use the "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" option too, but haven't noticed any difference in handling between FSX and P3Dv3/v4. Therefore I don't think this setting is globally incompatible as such.

It's a bit of an odd one. I think for users with FSUIPC, it's a good idea to test by disabling it completely at an early stage in the troubleshooting process if any unexpected behaviour is encountered.

Cheers,
Nick

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Nick, just for fun's sake, what set of hardware controllers do you use with A2A GA aircraft?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ones which lie very much at the cheaper end of the market! :mrgreen: Thrustmaster T.16000m joystick and Thrustmaster T.Flight pedals. To be honest, I find the T.16000m with its Hall effect sensors a noticeable help in terms of control finesse when compared to my previous (Logitech) stick.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”