The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 947
Hi everyone,
I did some rough landings and maintenance hangar reports some flap damage (yellow).
My question is this

1. Is it just my imagination OR when I do the flaps check from the outside and move them up and down they actually DO feel MUCH loose !!

Generally when in good condition the flaps are fairly tight when checked. They felt MUCH looser and had far more give.

My imagination because I've not flown the C172 for 9 months or is it accu-sim in action ?

cheers everyone

_________________
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+COTS, B17 Fying Fortress, Piper Cub J3, Spitfire,Non accusim versions: P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Typically hanging around N07, 12N, KLDJ, KCDW
That is Accusim magic. I hope never to have that happen for real! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
A2A Chief Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 4246
Location: East Coast United States
Styggron wrote:
Hi everyone,
I did some rough landings and maintenance hangar reports some flap damage (yellow).
My question is this

1. Is it just my imagination OR when I do the flaps check from the outside and move them up and down they actually DO feel MUCH loose !!

Generally when in good condition the flaps are fairly tight when checked. They felt MUCH looser and had far more give.

My imagination because I've not flown the C172 for 9 months or is it accu-sim in action ?

cheers everyone


Actually there IS a lot of play in the flaps on Cessna's. In your pre-flight on the real aircraft you can feel the play as you inspect the flap brackets.
Dudley Henriques


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 am 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 947
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Styggron wrote:
Hi everyone,
I did some rough landings and maintenance hangar reports some flap damage (yellow).
My question is this

1. Is it just my imagination OR when I do the flaps check from the outside and move them up and down they actually DO feel MUCH loose !!

Generally when in good condition the flaps are fairly tight when checked. They felt MUCH looser and had far more give.

My imagination because I've not flown the C172 for 9 months or is it accu-sim in action ?

cheers everyone


Actually there IS a lot of play in the flaps on Cessna's. In your pre-flight on the real aircraft you can feel the play as you inspect the flap brackets.
Dudley Henriques


Ahh ok so it was my imagination. Yes I didn't think it was accu-sim doing it.

_________________
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+COTS, B17 Fying Fortress, Piper Cub J3, Spitfire,Non accusim versions: P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
Senior Airman

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 184
With Accu-Sim there will be more play in the flaps during walk around when they are worn


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 111
I've noticed it as well, even after flying the 172 and 182 fairly regularly, the flaps definitely have more play in them during walk around as they get worn.

_________________
Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 am 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts: 539
I have noticed on the Comanche, that if I lower the flaps before reducing airspeed fully into the white arc on the ASI, next pre-flight they "feel" differently when I click on the button to test their play on the tracks. Before subjected to abuse, they go "clunk-clunk-clunk," and after, it's more like "clunk, clunck, clunk."

Accu-Sim.

Seeya
ATB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 25605
Location: Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Yes there's a definite use and wear aspect here.

Thanks,
Lewis


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
My twitter for my own twitter and random A2A insights
My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 947
Lewis - A2A wrote:
Yes there's a definite use and wear aspect here.

Thanks,
Lewis


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thank you Lewis for that confirmation. Ok so it was not my imagination, whilst they do have give because I had such flap damage they were FAR more loose than before. It came as a surprise when I did the walk around.

So this was indeed, accu-sim at work.
:)

_________________
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+COTS, B17 Fying Fortress, Piper Cub J3, Spitfire,Non accusim versions: P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 25605
Location: Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Styggron wrote:

Thank you Lewis for that confirmation. Ok so it was not my imagination, whilst they do have give because I had such flap damage they were FAR more loose than before. It came as a surprise when I did the walk around.

So this was indeed, accu-sim at work.
:)


From your descriptions yes it sounds like it.

Thanks,
Lewis


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
My twitter for my own twitter and random A2A insights
My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm
Posts: 947
I'm not attempting to "damage" my C172 just to see what happens.
Those flaps are looser now :D

Lets see what happens if we drain the oil and take off or almost all the oil.

_________________
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+COTS, B17 Fying Fortress, Piper Cub J3, Spitfire,Non accusim versions: P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline
Airman First Class
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:25 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Central Florida. USA
Pre-flight my Cherokee the other day and it said my left flap needed repair. Put it in the shop, spend the (imaginary) $$$, do another per-flight and the right flaps are definitely looser than the left!

Guess I'll be spending more (imaginary) $$$ soon on the right! :D
Awesome!

_________________
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group