Pilot??

The Austro-Hungarian Empire's finest scout
new reply
sturmkatze
Airman Basic

Pilot??

Post by sturmkatze »

Probably a dumb question, but how come there's no pilot in the version I just bought? Or is there something I have to do to turn him on... it's a bit disconcerting... :P

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Pilot??

Post by Molly - A2A »

Do you use EZCA? If so make sure to run the config.

sturmkatze
Airman Basic

Post by sturmkatze »

molleh wrote:Do you use EZCA? If so make sure to run the config.
SInce my next question is "What's that?" I'd have to say "no."

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Hmm. This is odd. The plane should have a pilot in the cockpit.
Please make sure that you have Service Pack 1 and 2 installer (if you have FSX Gold you have the recent version!)

Second thing is to run FSX, select "Settings" then "Customize" and make sure that "Advanced animations" option is ticked. Advanced animations introduces the advanced skinned mesh animations. Since the Oeffag pilot has such kind of animations (as well as the wires on the rudder pedals) it is possible that the pilot may be invisible.

Lucas

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Just checked - once the "advanced animations" are unticked, the animations are disabled, that's it. But the pilot is visible from the external. Of course there is no pilot in the internal model (virtual cockpit)
As for the EZCA - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam
EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Lucas

sturmkatze
Airman Basic

Post by sturmkatze »

lucas wrote:Just checked - once the "advanced animations" are unticked, the animations are disabled, that's it. But the pilot is visible from the external. Of course there is no pilot in the internal model (virtual cockpit)
As for the EZCA - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam
EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Lucas
Just checked -- the advanced options was checked. Who knows. When I fly the piper cub, there's no external plane... looks like Wonder Woman and her invisible jet :-Þ

I sure wish there'd be a Albatros D.Va...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha theres the clue re: cub. Sounds like you have not updated your FSX install with the two service packs. FSX SP2 is the standard and without it things wont work correctly for most add on aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sturmkatze
Airman Basic

Post by sturmkatze »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Aha theres the clue re: cub. Sounds like you have not updated your FSX install with the two service packs. FSX SP2 is the standard and without it things wont work correctly for most add on aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Of course I did that. Wait, that sounds arrogant and condescending, which I am not trying to be. I did both service packs. I bought it as gold editions w/ acceleration, etc. But I also did install the service packs as it was acting hinky. Of course, now, I think my joystick is just crapping out... irritating, as i haven't used it that much, esp. the last few years. Oh well.

Not sure about the cub --- nothing else does that. Of course, there's lots of planes i don't like that much and/or fly... The cub, no exterior of plane... has pilot and controls flying. The Albatros, it's got the plane, all beautiful, but no pilot.

I still want a D.Va, oh and a Fokker D.VIII :-)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you install the service packs over acceleration that will be the problem. The issue is that you are not running an updated FSX SP2 installation, or In this case a heavily corrupted install due to the install of accel and standalone service packs.

I'd suggest a complete reinstall if you have installed service packs over the acceleration expansion (including manually checking and deleting any leftovers after uninstall). Once FSX SP2 is up and running all FSX SP2 aircraft will work ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Albatros D.III (Oeffag)”