New Game Out: Plane Mechanic Simulator

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
McMick
Technical Sergeant

New Game Out: Plane Mechanic Simulator

Post by McMick »

I wouldn't normally mention an outside product like this, but this simulator looks like it could be right up your alley if you hang out in this forum.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8039 ... Simulator/

I haven't bought it yet [Update: yes I have], but the videos look neat and it has a high rating, so I figured you guys might like to see it.
Plane Mechanic Simulator puts you in a role of an RAF ground crew technician at the start of the Battle of Britain. You will face various tasks ranging from simple refueling to engine repairs and gun harmonization. In order to bring you the best possible experience we have meticulously recreated 3 legendary British aircraft of that era:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1
De Havilland Tiger Moth
De Havilland Mosquito
Here's a "First Look" video by some guy on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoMRJcgqqh8

If anyone objects to this being posted on A2A, just ask a moderator or admin to delete this post. Cheers!
Last edited by McMick on 21 Feb 2019, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

PV
BDG

Re: New Game Out: Plane Mechanic Simulator

Post by PV »

I can already hear the requests - please add a module of this to your flight sim.
Would love to have this level of detail for ground ambience in BoB2. It looks pretty
well done, and seamless. Guess we'll have to wait for the poster to advance in the
sim so we can see how the other birds are rendered in future instalments.*

(EDIT: looks like someone else more persistent has already drilled through to the other
planes, if you do a search. Haven't watched them yet...)

I wonder what sort of interest level there will be for this. If people remain interested in
this era, I can imagine a future flight sim that would have this level of ground ambience,
in about another twenty years or so. More likely, I suspect interest in this era will dwindle
as it moves further into the past...

[* Curious diversion: I use three dictionaries for spellcheck - English, Canadian, and US.
The first two demand "instalments", and reject "installments", while the third does the
reverse (often the Canadian will be ambivalent, but not here). This was a regional variant
I haven't previously been aware of.]

33lima3
Senior Airman

Post by 33lima3 »

Nice. Don't think much of the Station Commander, though. He must have a barrage balloon fetish, and not fly too often himself :)
SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4481941/1
CombatAce Mission Reports: https://combatace.com/forums/forum/307-mission-reports/

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

PV wrote:* Curious diversion: I use three dictionaries for spellcheck - English, Canadian, and US.
The first two demand "instalments", and reject "installments", while the third does the
reverse (often the Canadian will be ambivalent, but not here). This was a regional variant
I haven't previously been aware of.
This is why, it seems: https://www.etymonline.com/word/install

It's probably tied up with Noah Webster and his ilk trying to "correct" the English language by changing spellings to more closely resemble their Greek or Latin roots. By the way, I've been to his house. It's super tiny. He probably didn't have much to do except fuss over words.
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

Pat_Pattle
BDG

Post by Pat_Pattle »

It's not a"plane", it's an "aeroplane" or "aircraft"! :D

Looks good though!

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Having finally escaped the Tiger Moth and entered the land of the Merlin's roar, I can safely say that I really like this game.

I did a "first look" on Twitch, too, but I doubt the video is still there on my account (twitch.tv/amarillon) because they delete them after a fairly short period of time. When the fault report is "faint tapping sound from the engine" and you're standing there looking at a Merlin going "erm..." then it really does get you thinking about how engines work... There's a lot of Merlin to "just strip it down until you find the red bit"! :D

Anyway, definitely recommended, by me, at least.

Cheers,

Ian P.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”