Wings of Victory

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Zentiger
Airman

Wings of Victory

Post by Zentiger »

I have been looking at Spitfire games after having started with IL2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow. Recently I have been trying to get acquainted with IL2/ Cliffs of Dover-Blitz with not much success setting up the controls. How does Wings of Victory compare to the IL2 games in terms of graphics, immersion, etc. ? Thanks!!

Mickvet
Senior Airman

Re: Wings of Victory

Post by Mickvet »

Firstly, will not work with win 8 and there are conflicting reports about win 10-best to have win 7.

If you're ok from that point of view, I'd say that graphics are old-fashioned compared to the more modern games you describe, but they allow the simultaneous display of hundreds of planes in the air. Immersion is top class. There is a great campaign system (entirely a single player game) and incredible attention to historical detail. The AI in this game is unsurpassed. The flight model is reputed to be very accurate.

Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

Thank you. Very helpful!

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Post by PieceOfCake »

For me it's the best WW2 sim you can get. It feels like a time machine. Better than il2: CloD for many reasons; hundreds of planes in the air. Superb A.I.
It's just more fun to fly. It sounds very good too. Flying close to the ground and looking at the houses, trees, various places, London. It's amazing.
Also the most important thing: The planes looks 100 % authentic. When you see the Spitfire in game you instantly know it's a spit. Same with the 109's or 111's.
In CloD there is something off about the Spitfire model. You of course can tell it's a spitfire, but it's something about that is slightly off.
Maybe A2A laser-scanned an original spitfire and modelled it after it seems?

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”