Just make sure the kids are out of the room :lol:

spitfireace
BDG

Post by spitfireace »

1on1 and 1on2 made with the mission builder

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=8088
Cheers,

Spitfireace

I treasure a remark i made to my grandson who asked "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No" i answered, "But i served in a company of heroes"

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Dowly from the Subsim forums is into BoB2 and did a really nice "guncam" footage video. I guess he used some editing software to make it black and white and look "old". Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkzygH1csQ
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

mad366
Airman Basic

Post by mad366 »

This is my first attempt to make a video from BOB2.
As you can see I'am still learning how to flight and how to make a video :-).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t0BPVQQQ8o

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Not bad for a first effort Mad366.

Here is one that is a tribute to the USAF from 1944 to today.

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=00acbca5

Very moving and includes

WWII: P51 Mustang, P-38 Lightning
Korea: F-86 Sabre
Vietnam: F4 Phantom II
Modern Era: F-15 Eagle, F-22 Raptor

At the 4:05 mark, watch carefully the German Focke-Wulfe 190 pilot bailing out, apparently hitting the rudder of his plane and flying into the path of the plane behind..... Doubt he made it.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

nice video mad366. What music was that? Very ominous and tension filled.

SeaVee, the AC shooting the 190 must have been very close in...
Cool 3D flyby sounds at the end.

alanbradbury
Airman

My do-it-yourself War movie

Post by alanbradbury »

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

I rather enjoyed that. Thanks :)
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Nice! :)
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Stag
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stag »

Started a new campaign with the Convoys.

First Blood:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 4766334607

Triad773
Airman First Class

Post by Triad773 »

Gennadich posted an updated demo video of the upcoming Knights of the Sky sim: http://www.gennadich.com/all/files/KOS_ ... te_AVI.zip

Its over 100mb, and a slow connection (for me anyway) but worth the wait. Their use of textures on terrain looks really nice 8)

Cheers

Triad
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

www.triad773.com

PV
BDG

Re: My do-it-yourself War movie

Post by PV »

alanbradbury wrote:Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNdogtx1_U

Enjoy!
Alan, where do the animated airmen and their vehicles come from? did you build those yourself?

alanbradbury
Airman

Post by alanbradbury »

PV, they are a bit of a cheat. How I did those was like this:

The game 'The Movies' (which is about 15 quid and great fun) allows you to make films from characters which you can model yourself with a simple tweeking program that comes with it. So I simply created the characters of Richard Hillary and Colin Pinckney, plus the other 'extras' in that little utility, the dog is also standard in the game. When I had those, I basically made the people scenes in The Movies game, but I had to employ a bit of trickery to pull it off. Like this...

There are no WW2 Air Force uniforms in that game for your 'actors' but what I did was recolour the WW2 army battledress (which is a prop uniform in the game) blue, and that solved that problem. The car is in the game as standard and you can use that as a prop just as I did.

The backdrops of the airfield and the dispersal hut were drawn in Photoshop, incorporating some screengrabs from BoB2 and CFS3 and imported into The Movies game. When I'd done that, I still had the problem that there is no WW2 oxygen mask or flying helmet in The Movies game, so I cheated and made the shots of the pilots talking with the moving sky background, then saved the movie as an AVI file. When I had the AVI file, I imported it into a 2D animation program called Moho (which is great by the way and cheap too), into which I also imported a cut out picture (PNG file) of an oxygen mask and flying helmet. Then I basically moved the mask and helmet's position on a layer over the footage of the pilots frame by frame.

If you watch the film, you can see that I missed a couple of positions and the actor's head appears briefly near the top edge of the helmet since he isn't really wearing it, but I let it go at that.

The shot of the Bf 109 in the mirror of the Spitfire is also done in Moho, by matting one AVI file over another AVI file of the cockpit, which was taken with FRAPS, so it is effectively a rotoscoped shot moved frame-by-frame and looped (easier to do than I just made it sound, just a bit tedious).

The shot of the flare being fired from the Very pistol was also animated in Moho, with a few bits drawn from scratch. The shot of the parachute being grabbed is the only bit of live footage, and only shows very briefly, but it is me grabbing a genuine Irvin parachute off a table in my back garden while I held my digital camera in the other hand, (if you are quick, you might just spot that there is also an RAF WW2 log book and a Mae West in that shot too).

So basically to make it I used: BoB2, CFS3, FRAPS, Moho, Photoshop, The Movies (plus its Stunts and Effects add on disk) and my digital camera with a few of my things I've collected as an aeroplane nut. It was all tied together in Windows Movie Maker and the sounds (with the exception of some SFX from a sound effects CD) are all my bad acting, recorded with Goldwave, apart from the main music obviously, which is a selection of tracks from the Independence Day movie soundtrack CD.

The 'story' of the film is basically true, with a few concessions to drama, and you might be interested to know that I have quite a few bits of the real Spitfire R6753, after its wreck was excavated some years ago, and believe it or not, a skin panel I have still has the paint on it, so if anyone wants to know exactly what colour a Mark 1 Spitfire was in the Battle of Britain, come round to my house and you can see for yourself! You might be surprised at the brown colour, as I was.

Mostly the film was an experiment with techniques (for another project I am working on), which is why the sound is a bit crappy and compressed, also partly due to the compression of YouTube.

Al

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Wow. Way cool. You really put alot of work into that! I'm so glad I thought to ask, that's a whole lot of interesting information. I am intrigued by "the Movies" so I shall have to be careful to avoid it, as I have no spare time as it is.

...I wonder, do you know what the copyright issues are with materials generated with that game, if they are used in a commercial project? I was just thinking how a little animated ready room activity might go well in some of the BoB menu screens...

Also, I noticed there seemed to be a limited number of faces; there were only two faces amongst the three characters on screen at one point. Is that a game limitation?

Regarding the Spit 1 colour, there is at least one BDG member who will be all over that as soon as he notices your comment...

alanbradbury
Airman

Post by alanbradbury »

Without actually checking it out, I wouldn't know whether there are commercial limitations on what you can do with your movies you make, although since there is the capability to export a complete movie from The Movies game, I imagine that they have considered the possibility that this might be done, but as I say, I do not know for sure, I might check that out though.

There is no limit on the number of 'actors' you can create and have in a one of your movies, and even if there was, you could've easily got around it by making clips and editing them together.

I must admit that adding animated screens to sims is something that occurred to me too, specifically, I was trying to find out if it was possible for the submarine sim Silent Hunter 3 to display an animated GIF file instead of one of its static screens, but I'm still checking that out. What I was working on was an animated engine room which might be placed into that sim to make it more atmospheric. You can see what I mean if you watch this clip, where I made an animated submarine engine with a simple loop (the engine room appears at 2 minutes 24 seconds if you don't want to watch all the clip, but it is quite funny, even if I say so myself):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LSzHQFlEHw4

Al

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”