User VIDEOS

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Well, I just watched it all the way through. Absolutely brilliant!

I have never run a Luftwaffe campaign. This makes me really curious.

Glad to see the Multiskin to full effect.

Thanks for posting, Manta.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

thamk you very much folks :D

I'll try to convert the video as you suggested and upload to You Tube.

thanks again!

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Videos are limited to 10 minutes (unless you're a Director) and 100 MB

I'm not a Director :oops: , so if you wish and you are a Director, I can convert the video, send it to you and you can upload it.

Tell me if you think this is possible.

Manta

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Manta, I have both a YouTube and Google Video account.

GoogleVideo does not limit the file size or the length of the video. It also lets me upload the WMV file. I tried converting it to MPEG4 to see if it would be smaller but it ended up being over 400MB :shock: :shock:
I am uploading it now as I write this.

Your file is 128MB and the video itself is about 29 minutes duration. It thus takes a while to upload and then for them to resize it. It should be done by tomorrow AM and I'll post the link for it and make sure in the description, etc. you are credited as the author.
Last edited by SeaVee on 01 Jan 2007, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Manta,

Wow. What a wonderful movie.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

SeaVee wrote:Manta, I have both a YouTube and Google Video account.

GoogleVideo does not limit the file size or the length of the video. It also lets me upload the WMV file. I tried converting it to MPEG4 to see if it would be smaller but it ended up being over 400MB :shock: :shock:
I am uploading it now as I write this.

Your file is 128MB and the video itself is about 29 minutes duration. It thus takes a while to upload and then for them to resize it. It should be done by tomorrow AM and I'll post the link for it and make sure in the description, etc. you are credited as the author.
Thanks again everybody :)

BTW I have re-edited the video in DivX format, all another category now 8) , but it weights much more: 430MB.

Same link.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

OK,

Here it is, Manta's excellent Phase I Convoy Attack.

"This footage has been taken from one of the first combat days during the Luftwaffe campaign in Shockwave''s Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory, updated with patch 2.05 & Multiskin. It''s a long movie intended not to be an eye candy exhibition, but what the player may expect to actually "live and feel" giving himself up to this beautiful sim."

View on Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1673&hl=en

Download at his original link (180MB file, higher resolution):
http://www.150gct.it/modules.php?name=D ... oad&cid=15

The video clip is about 30 mins long. Excellent work.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

spitfireace
BDG

Post by spitfireace »

Great Video Manta !!!

Videos have to be really a good selling point !!!
Cheers,

Spitfireace

I treasure a remark i made to my grandson who asked "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No" i answered, "But i served in a company of heroes"

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Thanks, you are too kind . I did it just because... welll.. it was fun :D :oops:

Bought DeFarm
Airman First Class

Post by Bought DeFarm »

Tremendous - and a great advert for our 'time machine'.

musk
BDG

Post by musk »

Thanks very much to everyone who's been posting movies, and especially to SeaVee and Manta. I'm away from my gaming system for several months due to business travel and these movies have brought a bit of BOB2 to me in the meantime. In fact, I've put them on my iPod so I can get a BOB "fix" whenever I need one. Not quite as good as the real thing, but then I don't usually get to enjoy a wide-screen display like SeaVee's either! :D

Banquet
Airman First Class

Post by Banquet »

I did a quick video. Although Google Video allowed the full resolution to be uploaded, the quality isn't very good I'm afraid. Not sure why. It's uploaded at 640*480 but it doesn't look any better than 320*240 once uploaded. I'm going to see if I can get a better quality one uploaded. I'll probably try and do another (better) vid when 2.06 comes out.

Anyway, here's the link;

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 0&hl=en-GB

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Well done Banquet!. I would love to see that at a much better resolution. Try contacting SeaVee to see what video settings he uses to produce his videos as it may just be a setting tweak that you need to make.

I love the choice of music too! That has been a favourite song of mine for many years and it was just crying out for someone to use it in a BoB2 video (I even suggested it to SeaVee in a PM or email a few months ago when he was in movie making mode). The lyrics fit so well with the game/conflict that they add another dimension to the entire viewing experience!

I'd say give it another go with different settings as I am sure you can bring the video quality up to make that a truly stunning piece of work :D .
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Banquet
Airman First Class

Post by Banquet »

Thanks Tako_Kichi :)

The air combat could have been done better, really. The enemy aircraft views are quite small and with the low res it's almost impossible to see them.

I'm trying to upload a mpg version (the first one was wmv) The res is higher but there's no way of telling what it will look like till I get it uploaded. (fingers crossed!)

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Super. I enjoyed that :)
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”