Comparison BoB II vs Il-2 1946

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
roje
Airman Basic

Comparison BoB II vs Il-2 1946

Post by roje »

Hello to all virtual and nonvirtual pilots!

I have recovered only yesterday at first time A2A video about propeller pitch for Spitfire MkI, MkII. Never head about this company before!

I am very interessted on war birds, playing for long time Il-2 1946 (my favorite ones are: Zero A6M, Ki-43, Ki-84 :) )
I have a question: is BoB II about physik, grafics comparative with Il-2 1946?

I still have XP :lol: That's the reason i did'n have installed "BoB Cliffs of Diver" (have steam version) yet.

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Roman

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Re: Comparison BoB II vs Il-2 1946

Post by Boreas »

Hi Roje, BoB is an older game with many less flyable aircraft but they fly very nicely. There are some occasional visual glitches but even these days with updates by modders it doesn’t look too bad most of the time hopefully. Also the very good ai and large scale combat assists with immersion. It should play ok without the latest hardware but still needs some horsepower when things are busy.

roje
Airman Basic

Post by roje »

Hello Boreas,

Ok, what Mods (sequence) are needed for BoB II improvement?
For me is more important real physic and advanced handling of cockpit.
Does game support widescreen 1680x1050?

Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4 GHz
NVidia GTS 250
RAM 2GB

Thank you for answer!
Regards
Roman

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Selecting manual engine management in the in game menu means you have to start the engine by setting magnetos, pumping fuel pressure and using starter or gyro, so quite minimal. But prop pitch and wing trim can be assigned to controller rotaries and need to be adjusted with flaps to avoid bumpy landings. TrackIR is fully supported as are screen resolutions up to at least 1920x1080. BDG update 2.13 includes most of the mods although there is more ongoing. I only adjust the autogen trees as set out in the BDG update 2.12 release thread notes, add Hazzie’s propeller mod http://www.mediafire.com/download/w906d ... as_RAF.zip and of course my terrain colour mod version 6 and the update to it I posted recently in the mods thread. Difficult to estimate but it might not be less demanding on hardware than IL2 and you might see slow-downs briefly at the start of large dogfights or flying low over many trees or buildings (these can be adjusted down in the menu or deleted) but otherwise frame rates should generally be playable. Hope this helps.

roje
Airman Basic

Post by roje »

Ok Boreas,

What is simulated in cockpit else? Navigation, selecting of tanks and tanks gauge for example.
Does landing flare work in this game? In Il-2 1946 at this moment by pulling of stick airplane does rise.
3-point attitude landing is very complicate to perfirm.

Thanks a lot!
Roman

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

The flight model and handling are excellent including realistic stalls, torque and ground effect. You can run out of fuel and will need to adjust trim during a long flight. The player can communicate with the airfields, wingmen and squadron via radio with excellent voice acting so gamepaly is very deep and there is a full campaign mode.

roje
Airman Basic

Post by roje »

So i'll purchase and test it :D

Thank you very much for answers!
Roman

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”