Me109 magnetos

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Badileus
Airman Basic

Me109 magnetos

Post by Badileus »

In the interactive cockpit of the 109 i can't move the magnetos with the mouse. I searched the forum for answers and found some topics, but whatever i try, it won't work. I clicked on every spot right, left, under and above the lever and dragged the mouse in every possible direction, but of no avail. Every other clickable instrument works fine.

I hoped perhaps there are some new solutions around, so i can start the 109 in manual mode.

Thanks for answers.

stickman
BDG

Re: Me109 magnetos

Post by stickman »

I never use the clumsy mouse control to start or stop engines. Key Commands for Engine Control are much better.
See the manual on how to set this up:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 30#p198230

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

This reminded me that I made some additional sounds that will improve the audio for the LW aircraft start up but won't be so good with the RAF planes and unfortunately they are used for all of the machines. The oringinal sound files will need to be backed up before they are replaced with any of these.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1w7ycblt5 ... sounds.zip
Some bullet hit sounds I noticed aren't in the current version.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ikrxdyhv ... sounds.zip

Felizpe
Airman First Class

Post by Felizpe »

Hi, this is an exclusive Patch 2.13 bug due an incorrect value inserted to "Bf109E4.ACM" file.

To fix it just open your "Bf109E4.ACM" file inside "models" folder of your game using software Notepad and edit the following line:

MagType 1

To:

MagType 2

Save the file and it's solved!
"Just wanna live enough to tell my grandson I was a BOB2 Ace"

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Good find Felizpe. I’ve been trying to remember how to use the interactive cockpit in the 109 for engine start up and succeeded at last with this fix and after getting the magneto selector and the prop pitch adjuster to work with the mouse on the the control panel. At one time I also to had all the start up switches mapped to convenient keyboard shortcuts which at the time I found less fiddly while also using trackIR. I think the Luftwaffe gyro sound was new in 2.13 and could be included as it was a sort blank sound file before that. But the other three associated LW start up sounds I made couldn’t be used as those files are shared with the RAF aircraft. So I now have two sub folders in my SampleHI folder so I can easily swap them over if I want to change between flying LW or RAF aircraft.

Felizpe
Airman First Class

Post by Felizpe »

Glad it helped you Boreas! Nice new BF 109 sounds, tested them so realistic! :)
"Just wanna live enough to tell my grandson I was a BOB2 Ace"

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”