My plane won't fully deploy landing gears...(stuck)

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Seyter
Airman Basic

My plane won't fully deploy landing gears...(stuck)

Post by Seyter »

Anybody have the same problem as mine? I would like some help here. TQ

ShadowShooter
Senior Airman

Re: My plane won't fully deploy landing gears...(stuck)

Post by ShadowShooter »

Hi Seyter.

From time to time the game will simulate hydraulic failure in the landing gear, whether due to combat damage or mechanical faults. In this situation the standard key command G doesn't work, but you should be able to lower the gear fully by using the Emergency Gear Lever command: Ctrl + G. Note: Once you have lowered the gear in this way it cannot be raised again for the duration of the flight. [Appendix H: Keymapping Guide of the Bob2 Manual gives a full list of keyboard commands with explanations.]

However, if your problem is that the landing gear never lowers properly on any plane you fly, then please give some more details of exactly what you're doing and experiencing, and maybe someone can provide a solution for you.

stickman
BDG

Re: My plane won't fully deploy landing gears...(stuck)

Post by stickman »

Seyter,

You will damage your Under Carriage or your Flaps, if you deploy them at too high an airspeed.

In BoBII, with it's flight modelling, here are the Safe To Deploy air speeds for the Under Carriage and Flaps. As tested by me.:

Spitfire:
Under Carriage - 160 mph
Flaps - 160 mph

Hurricane:
Under Carriage - 160 mph
Flaps - 119 mph

Me109:
Under Carriage - 135 km/hour (84 mph)
Flaps - 153 km/hour (95 mph)

Me110:
Under Carriage - 135 km/hour (84 mph)
Flaps - 155 km/hour (96 mph)

If you deploy the Under Carriage or Flaps above these speeds your gear may be broken.

As Shadow Shooter wrote:
If you deploy the under carriage and it gets stuck halfway, you should be able to lower the gear fully by using the Emergency Gear Lever command: Ctrl + G.

You should touch down on landing at less than 80 mph on all these aircraft.
The Spitfire and (more so) the Me109 will bounce quite a bit initially touching down. Less so at lower air speeds. Try to keep the under carriage wheels level to ground when touching down.
The Hurricane and Me110 are both much easier to land.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”