BoB2 control buttons on your phone

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
McMick
Technical Sergeant

BoB2 control buttons on your phone

Post by McMick »

Hi folks, I haven't posted here in awhile but it just occurred to me that this game could benefit from an app called Power Grid that Roccat makes available for free (with some limitations) which could be quite useful for mapping those controls which are hardest to remember or hardest to maneuver your fingers to when you're in a dogfight. The main website for the app is here:

http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Ga ... Grid/Home/

You DO NOT NEED to own a Roccat product to use this app, it's a freebie from them. I don't know what their privacy policy is but I'm certain they're trying to monetize it somehow, so if that bothers you at all, don't use this app. Suffice it to say that I like it and think it's worth the trouble.

I have been using it for ArmA. There are many user-made profiles available on their website for various popular games, and although I don't think there is a BoB profile, I'm certain a few of you guys can come up with a nice one for everyone to enjoy. (It's not hard to make a profile, but making it look neat requires making button icons, otherwise you just have plain text on a white button).

So you run a host on your PC and a client on your phone, then through wi-fi you allow a connection and you can assign keyboard buttons and macros to buttons on a menu on the phone. All the profiles can be made on-the-fly (if you can alt-tab out of game) and will update right away, which is nice when making a profile, as you can test your result for each button immediately. The learning curve isn't too steep, either.

Sorry if anyone's mentioned all of this before, I didn't bother to search through the posts to find out.
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

PV
BDG

Re: BoB2 control buttons on your phone

Post by PV »

The initial data mining can be seen by checking "View Permissions"
on this page (of course google has defeated the possibility of
providing a direct link there). They don't look too bad initially,
but as the note on the bottom of the page says, "Updates to
Power-Grid may automatically add additional capabilities within
each group." ie after loading it can greatly expand the data mining
beyond what it admits to on the site.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... grid&hl=en