WINDOWS 10 ON LAPTOPS HP DV7

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
RAPOLLO1
Airman Basic

WINDOWS 10 ON LAPTOPS HP DV7

Post by RAPOLLO1 »

HAVE FOUND THAT WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATIO OF BOB2.13 GIVING THE ERROR ENGLISH BLA BLA BLA
IN THE LATEST UPDATE 2.13 TO BE AN ERROR IN THE BDG TEXT FILE IN TWO ENTRIES

SKIP_QUICKVIDEOS=OFF
SKIP_VIDEOS=OFF

IT SHOULD BE

SKIP_QUICKVIDEOS=ON
SKIP_VIDEOS=ON

I am using an HP DV7 LAPTOP WITH 4 I7 0PROCESSOR AND INTEL 3000 GRAPHIC ONBOARD VIDEO RUNNING ALL OPTIONS AT MAX.

BEAUTIFUL
THANKS TO ALL THE DESIGNERS ITS A MASTERPIECE THE CD WAS PUCHASED WHEN IT FIRST APPEARED.

GREAT WORK

MOLTE GRAZIE

vramesh
Senior Airman

Re: WINDOWS 10 ON LAPTOPS HP DV7

Post by vramesh »

Dear RAPOLLO1,

Thank you for sharing this useful information!

Just a couple of questions:
Were you able to fly IA missions without CTD?
Were you able to run campaigns without crashing?
Were you able to Alt+X out of 3D without a CTD?

Also, I see that you can run BoB2 with max settings on Intel 3000 onboard card.

This information could help out some users.

--
Vasanth
Veni, vidi, velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around...

arquillos
Staff Sergeant

Post by arquillos »

Hi RAPOLLO1!
the two changes you talk about are related to the little intro videos being played at some
points in the simulator.
This videos are created with an old and non-used anymore codec so most players can´t
even play them so the obvious options in v2.13 was to turn them off.

I´m glad that this change make your BoB system work!!! Playing BoB with an integrated
Intel HD graphic card it´s very hard to get.

Happy flying!

Note: Please, don´t type in uppercase as this means "shouting" in most of the internet forums.

RAPOLLO1
Airman Basic

Post by RAPOLLO1 »

I have recently started using the game I am a collector of flight sims going back to the original Sublogics . before Microsoft Flight Sim.
Therefore will tell you that the system sometimes crashes when I exit 3d instant action and in the process of trouble shooting for this issue. It is not consistent . The pdf manual on release notes has a suggestion that you should reduce texture size .That will be my next step if it will fix the cto.
the problem we all face is that we don't read the manuals that are provided with the simulators.
in the campaign I have no experience just beginning to understand the complexity of this part of the game. am looking at the Bdg.txt file.

Nsvane
Airman Basic

Post by Nsvane »

Im also playing on the intel HD 3000 instead of the m520GT in the laptop.

Playing with integrated graphics makes crashes more rare. Ive tried installing directx 9.0c and enabling directdrive, but it's still a bit iffy. I think it related to something in the graphics department.

It even crashes in the GPU options section, when using specfic graphics setting.

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

The videos can be converted to avi files with free software. Then they will play just fine, if you like that sort of thing. I seem to remember doing this several years ago and posting links on the forum, though I'm certain they'd be dead links by now. But anyone with a little ambition should be able to do it with less than 20 minutes' work.

EDIT: Hey guess what, I still have the file I made on my storage drive. No thanks needed, it's all in a day's work for Random Internet Guy.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/F5O3 ... .zip_links
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”