Looking for download 2.12 version of BOB2

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
marine
Technical Sergeant

Looking for download 2.12 version of BOB2

Post by marine »

Hello chaps,im looking for version 2.12 upgrade,as 2.13 didnt work for me,it couldnt find "Rowan" file,and i assume the download puts that file in the registry as "Rowan Software",so im happy if i can get the 2.12,if someone can point me to the download please?

Thanks.
Marine
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

marine
Technical Sergeant

Re: Looking for download 2.12 version of BOB2

Post by marine »

Sorry mate,i cant find it there,i had that first off here,but its gone now that 2.13 is out.

Marine

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

I uploaded a copy I have to Medifire tonight. Looks to be the correct size after I downloaded it.

I will supply it if wanted.

However... there is no reason why v2.13 will not work for anybody. Except Win8 and Win10 users.
2.13 didnt work for me,it couldnt find "Rowan" file,and i assume the download puts that file in the registry as "Rowan Software"
v2.13 has nothing to do with Rowan Software, nor did v2.12 or any other previous BoBII WOV versions.

Do you have the old Rowan BoB (aka BoB1) on your computer?
If so, I suggest that you get rid of the old codger.

Note:
For v2.13 we deleted many files that were in v2.12 and previous BoBII versions.
- Many were obsolete old junk files that were long ago never used. General cleanup, long over due. (you should see my garage! :shock: )
- Some were .DDS format textures that I insisted be killed in the interest for making way for better aircraft gauges.

Because of this rather heavy handed file extermination..
I would suggest that you do a complete BoBII Uninstall, then a clean virgin Install of BoBII CD (or Download), then install only the v2.13 Installer.
This worked for me OK (twice doing), and is my suggested way to be assured that all is clean, and working OK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION STEPS. How I have always done it for years, (many many times, testing) with all versions since BoBII WOV started:

Completely un-install BoBII.
1. Even after running the Remove Applications in Control Panel, things will be left over.
2. Manually remove the rest of BoBII that always gets left over. That is, delete the folder in C:\Battle of Britain II (for example if you put in the C:\ drive).
3. If you see anything Battle of Britain II, in Program Files x86, delete that too.
(I always had to do these steps for every version of BoBII since WOV came out)

4. Clean the REGISTRY with a REGISTRY cleaner like CCleaner, which is very good.

5. At this point I always Restart the computer. Maybe I don't need to, but it was recommended to do so in the old days.

6. Install the BoBII WOV disc (or the downloaded software if you have that).
7. Install the v2.13 Installer.

Done. Test game, and it should work.

Except now you have to plugin your previously saved KEYBOARD folder keys configuration files,
and then choose all the favored Options settings in game,
and then edit the bdg text file as you have always preferred.

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

stickman wrote:I uploaded a copy I have to Medifire tonight. Looks to be the correct size after I downloaded it.

I will supply it if wanted.

However... there is no reason why v2.13 will not work for anybody. Except Win8 and Win10 users.
2.13 didnt work for me,it couldnt find "Rowan" file,and i assume the download puts that file in the registry as "Rowan Software"
v2.13 has nothing to do with Rowan Software, nor did v2.12 or any other previous BoBII WOV versions.

Do you have the old Rowan BoB (aka BoB1) on your computer?
If so, I suggest that you get rid of the old codger.

Note:
For v2.13 we deleted many files that were in v2.12 and previous BoBII versions.
- Many were obsolete old junk files that were long ago never used. General cleanup, long over due. (you should see my garage! :shock: )
- Some were .DDS format textures that I insisted be killed in the interest for making way for better aircraft gauges.

Because of this rather heavy handed file extermination..
I would suggest that you do a complete BoBII Uninstall, then a clean virgin Install of BoBII CD (or Download), then install only the v2.13 Installer.
This worked for me OK (twice doing), and is my suggested way to be assured that all is clean, and working OK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION STEPS. How I have always done it for years, (many many times, testing) with all versions since BoBII WOV started:

Completely un-install BoBII.
1. Even after running the Remove Applications in Control Panel, things will be left over.
2. Manually remove the rest of BoBII that always gets left over. That is, delete the folder in C:\Battle of Britain II (for example if you put in the C:\ drive).
3. If you see anything Battle of Britain II, in Program Files x86, delete that too.
(I always had to do these steps for every version of BoBII since WOV came out)

4. Clean the REGISTRY with a REGISTRY cleaner like CCleaner, which is very good.

5. At this point I always Restart the computer. Maybe I don't need to, but it was recommended to do so in the old days.

6. Install the BoBII WOV disc (or the downloaded software if you have that).
7. Install the v2.13 Installer.

Done. Test game, and it should work.

Except now you have to plugin your previously saved KEYBOARD folder keys configuration files,
and then choose all the favored Options settings in game,
and then edit the bdg text file as you have always preferred.
stickman

Yes,i would like the 2.12 full patch upgrade if you could advise me how to get it and download it.I have rid my pc of the old BOB files and in registry,and reloaded the BOB cd,so im ready for the upgrade now.I would like the 2.12 first,then i can always try the 2.13 after.

thanks
Marine

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

stickman wrote:Here is what I uploaded yesterday:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gi0sf ... _v2.12.EXE
stickman

Thanks for the location of the 2.12 download.
I have downloaded it,installed it,no problem,all working well.

Marine.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Good to see that you are OK, again.

Anything that I can do for an ex-Royal Navy Marine, I shall do. :)

There is an old saying in the United States (not very united anymore :( )
among ex-Marine Corps veterans, combat or cold war.
"Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"

Oh, yes. I have seen. That is one special Brotherhood. Deservedly so.

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

stickman wrote:Good to see that you are OK, again.

Anything that I can do for an ex-Royal Navy Marine, I shall do. :)

There is an old saying in the United States (not very united anymore :( )
among ex-Marine Corps veterans, combat or cold war.
"Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"

Oh, yes. I have seen. That is one special Brotherhood. Deservedly so.
stickman

Yes,you must know that saying(as i do)you having been in the us navy,and been amongst the us marine corp,and probably priveliged to have had that experience as well in the navy,and getting very streetwise in the meantime.You must heve travelled all over the place,and had some good times,and you know what i mean by good times,especially being in the navy,most people will not know what a good time means if they have not been ashore abroad.
I travelled 39,000 miles on a cruiser ship,HMS Superb in a year,all round s.america,through the panama canal,all round the west indies,then to Mexico city,up the west coast of usa,s.diego sanfransisco,past alcatraz under the golden gate bridge,up into Canada,also visited Camp Pendleton(the marine base)and the marine base in Quantanimo,but as you know not a marine base as it was then,they treated us as if we were their brothers.

One of the best 7yrs of my life i served in the royal marines,but its not for everyone,your mates always watched your back,and you knew they would not let you down,i still keep in touch with some of them today,and a few navy friends as well.

Thanks once again for the 2.12 update.

Marine.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”